Daryl Devore's Blog

Daryl Devore's Blog

Monday 10 April 2023

The meals are meant to impress the woman he is trying to impress. #OpenBook Blog Hop #writers #DarylDevore

Welcome to the Open Book Blog Hop! This week’s theme - What does the food your characters eat reveal about their personality?

In my hot billionaire romances - they eat well. In my sweet medieval fantasy romance - they eat what they can find - or what the faeries provide - which is usually very yummy.

In my billionaire romance - the meals are meant to impress the woman he is trying to seduce.

This is a quick meal on his private jet. Of course he has one!

Even though I was pretty sure Verona disliked me, I had to admit she did a great job on the dining table. The plates and cutlery shone. A folded linen napkin rested beside the plate. As I slipped onto my chair, Mark pushed it under me then sat.

Verona placed a silver-serving platter on the table and lifted the lid. Two containers rested on it. Both were filled with rice, pink shrimp which was covered with a coconut milk sauce with sprigs of a green herb and a slice of lime.

 There is more description of the meal, and after I wrote it I informed my hubby we were going out for dinner - I needed Thai!

Now, please visit the other #OpenBook Blog Hop writers. You can find their posts at


What’s Happening in April

11 – Steam hop #MFRWsteam
12 - Book Hooks #MFRWhooks #MFRWAuthor
13 – Motivational Thursday
14 - My Blog. My Post. My Books
15 - Backlist Saturday Spotlight
16 - Weekend Writing Warriors #8Sunday
17 - Open Book Blog Hop #OpenBook
18 – Spotlight – Julie Navickas - I’ll Love You Tomorrow
19 - Book Hooks #MFRWhooks #MFRWAuthor
20 – Motivational Thursday
21 - My Blog. My Post. My Books
22 - Backlist Saturday Spotlight
23 - Weekend Writing Warriors #8Sunday
24 - Open Book Blog Hop #OpenBook
25 – Spotlight – Larissa Lyons - Roaring Rogues
26 – Book Hooks #MFRWhooks #MFRWAuthor
27 – Motivational Thursday
28 – My Blog. My Post. My Books
29 – Backlist Saturday Spotlight
30 – Weekend Writing Warriors #8Sunday
 

Follow me

Twitter           Mastodon


BookBub

Author Group / Newsletter

 or if you prefer -

 
or if you'd prefer
 
 
 
A free ebook for members who join.

7 comments:

  1. Great examples of using food to reinforce the story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was the least hot version I could find.

      Delete
  2. We moved and are no longer near a Thai restaurant. I miss it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh - I would so miss having a Thai restaurant.

      Delete
  3. I love the variety of food scenes depending on the setting and characters. @samanthabwriter from
    Balancing Act

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I have several - I like using food to show the seduction.

      Delete
  4. As a fan of yours Daryl, I can say that you have captured my senses in your books.

    Tell me a story and you can capture my mind for a moment ...
    Take me on a journey through my senses and I will remember always ...
    I can honestly say that the stories I remember the most and will return to time again are the ones that evoke emotion and play on my senses.

    Of course now that I have thought about it, I want more coffee since it's my favorite food (drink) of them all...

    ReplyDelete