Daryl Devore's Blog

Daryl Devore's Blog

Monday 3 April 2023

Social media is what you make of it. #OpenBook Blog Hop #writers #DarylDevore

Welcome to the Open Book Blog Hop! This week’s theme - What are your best and worst social media sites?

((I might be late getting to the other blog posts this week. My daughter had surgery on Friday and I am here playing nurse- I am so NOT a nurse.))

I am going to go slightly off topic since a lot of people love to hate social media - I will defend. I get there are issues with Twitter and FB etc. People complain about the hatred and negativity etc. I say - change your feed. Social media is what you make of it. The algorithms stream into your feed what the math says you want to view. You click on a lot of negative posts then negative posts are going to fill your stream.

You click on posts about books, flowers, kitten videos and that will fill your stream. Yes, a negative post might slip in. But 1 out of 100 does not make it a bad experience.

I use FB, Twitter, Mastodon, Counter Social (which is not truth social - I will admit I don't go there - from what I hear - not a lot of cute kitten videos.) I am on Instagram and TikTok - but those not so much as I have to make media to go on - ie a video or a specific sized post. But still my streams are books, flowers and author friends.

So one last time - for those in the back - Social media is what you make of it.

Now, please visit the other #OpenBook Blog Hop writers. You can find their posts at


What’s Happening in April

4 – A.Escobar & H.M. Jones - The Immortal Brotherhood Series
5 - Book Hooks #MFRWhooks #MFRWAuthor
6 – Motivational Thursday
7 - My Blog. My Post. My Books
8 - Backlist Saturday Spotlight
9 - Weekend Writing Warriors #8Sunday
10 - Open Book Blog Hop #OpenBook
11 – Steam hop #MFRWsteam
12 - Book Hooks #MFRWhooks #MFRWAuthor
13 – Motivational Thursday
14 - My Blog. My Post. My Books
15 - Backlist Saturday Spotlight
16 - Weekend Writing Warriors #8Sunday
17 - Open Book Blog Hop #OpenBook
18 – Spotlight – Julie Navickas - I’ll Love You Tomorrow
19 - Book Hooks #MFRWhooks #MFRWAuthor
20 – Motivational Thursday
21 - My Blog. My Post. My Books
22 - Backlist Saturday Spotlight
23 - Weekend Writing Warriors #8Sunday
24 - Open Book Blog Hop #OpenBook
25 – Spotlight – Larissa Lyons - Roaring Rogues
26 – Book Hooks #MFRWhooks #MFRWAuthor
27 – Motivational Thursday
28 – My Blog. My Post. My Books
29 – Backlist Saturday Spotlight
30 – Weekend Writing Warriors #8Sunday
 

Follow me

Twitter           Mastodon


BookBub

Author Group / Newsletter

 or if you prefer -

 
or if you'd prefer
 
 
 
A free ebook for members who join.

6 comments:

  1. I have been on the receiving end of so much abuse and trolling in the past, I now hardly ever engage, there appears to be no such thing as an innocent comment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard of Mastodon. Is it any good?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope all is going well with your daughter

    ReplyDelete