Daryl Devore's Blog

Daryl Devore's Blog

Sunday 2 April 2023

On the morrow, we will begin the preparations for yer journey. A Voice in the Air on Weekend Writing Warriors #WeWrWa #8Sunday #medieval #fantasy #romance

Welcome to Weekend Writing Warriors! Where writers share an excerpt of their writing on Sunday.  Visit other participants on the list and read and comment on their 8sunday posts.

Spread the word. Twitter hashtag #8sunday.

WWW

I might be late getting to the other blog posts this week. My daughter had surgery on Friday and I am here playing nurse- I am so NOT a nurse. 

This week's excerpt is from my medieval fantasy romance – A Voice in the Air


Scene Set – Cadi hears some wonderful news.

Excerpt

Cadi finished her mug of ale then placed it on the table. With the hollowness in her belly filled, she settled back in her chair.

“The rest of today is yers.” Fira waved her hand. “Wander about the manor house. Speak with Aderyn. Ye are about the same age. Then sleep this eventide. On the morrow, we will begin the preparations for yer journey.”

“Journey? I have never been anywhere. Where will I be going?”

“Ye have to find my son. Ewen. And bring him back home.” Fira smiled. “The blush on yer cheeks at the mention of his name warms my heart. I am glad he is loved.”

wee bit more

Cadi scratched her fingernail against the wooden table. “Aye, he is loved. But he does not know it. Nor returns it.” A spark of joy lit inside her. She looked up. “Ewen is alive?”

Blurb and Links

Leading an army of faeries and pixies into battle against mountain trolls was not what Cadi expected when she accepted the task of rescuing Ewen - the son of the Overseer of the Faeries.

Squire Ewen followed his liege into battle with a head full of romantic notions of knights, heroics, and damsels in distress. Being captured by a troll, thrown into a cave, and awaiting a hideous death was not how he had foreseen his adventure to play out.

Can Ewen stay out of trouble long enough for Cadi to rescue him? Will Cadi overcome her doubts and fears and bring her beloved Ewen home to Plucks Ridge?

Or will the petty evilness of The Scorned One defeat all and destroy the magickal realm?

If you love action, humour, quirky characters, and romance, then Daryl Devoré’s latest medieval fantasy romance – A Voice in the Air – is a must read.

UBL

Amazon

Pinterest - A Voice in the Air 

Good Reads

What’s Happening in April

3 - Open Book Blog Hop #OpenBook
4 – A.Escobar & H.M. Jones - The Immortal Brotherhood Series
5 - Book Hooks #MFRWhooks #MFRWAuthor
6 – Motivational Thursday
7 - My Blog. My Post. My Books
8 - Backlist Saturday Spotlight
9 - Weekend Writing Warriors #8Sunday
10 - Open Book Blog Hop #OpenBook
11 – Steam hop #MFRWsteam
12 - Book Hooks #MFRWhooks #MFRWAuthor
13 – Motivational Thursday
14 - My Blog. My Post. My Books
15 - Backlist Saturday Spotlight
16 - Weekend Writing Warriors #8Sunday
17 - Open Book Blog Hop #OpenBook
18 – Spotlight – Julie Navickas - I’ll Love You Tomorrow
19 - Book Hooks #MFRWhooks #MFRWAuthor
20 – Motivational Thursday
21 - My Blog. My Post. My Books
22 - Backlist Saturday Spotlight
23 - Weekend Writing Warriors #8Sunday
24 - Open Book Blog Hop #OpenBook
25 – Spotlight – Larissa Lyons - Roaring Rogues
26 – Book Hooks #MFRWhooks #MFRWAuthor
27 – Motivational Thursday
28 – My Blog. My Post. My Books
29 – Backlist Saturday Spotlight
30 – Weekend Writing Warriors #8Sunday
 

Follow me

Twitter           Mastodon


BookBub

Author Group / Newsletter

 or if you prefer -

 
or if you'd prefer
 
 
 
A free ebook for members who join.



15 comments:

  1. It's always good to love someone and know they are alive. LOL Great scene.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really loved this

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this, haven't seen the concept of resting up and having one nice night before the quest begins used before. Great snippet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She's both scared and excited to go looking for him. Great mixed feelings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved that it took her a moment to realize Ewen was alive. Joy cometh in the morning. I'm certain she is the perfect person for this mission. Love is a great motivator. Tweeted. And I hope your daughter is doing well. Hope also this was a planned surgery, not emergent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, she was so focused on what Fira was saying - the implication didn't dawn on her at first. Yes, the surgery was planned.

      Delete
  6. Praying for your daughter. Great snippet, loved how it suddenly all clicked.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The quiet before the storm. A moment of pause full of meaning. Great snippet!

    ReplyDelete