Daryl Devore's Blog

Daryl Devore's Blog

Wednesday 31 May 2023

I have never met a faerie. A Voice in the Air on #MFRWhooks #MFRWAuthor #sweet #medieval #fantasy #romance

Book Hooks is a weekly meme hosted by Marketing for Romance Writers as part of the MFRW Authors Blog. It's a chance each week for you the reader to discover current WIP or previously published book by possibly new to you authors.

Today, I am showcasing a snippet from my sweet medieval romance – A Voice in the Air.


First off -  This is my last week for a while. I am taking a break from blogging and just enjoying summer. Everyone stay healthy and I'll be back in Sept with a new release

Scene Set – Cadi meets a faerie and receives a gift.

Excerpt -

“Kamelot must be protected.” Fira closed her eyes. “Aife. The time has come.”

A small entity appeared on the blanket in front of Cadi and Aderyn. She was no bigger than Cadi’s fist. Dressed in dark green, leather leggings and a yellow tunic, the faerie’s blue hair flowed about her head like Fira’s did, even though there was no breeze.

The faerie stared at Aderyn. She pointed to herself. “Aife. Be ye Cadi?”

With a small grin on her lips, Aderyn pointed to her right.

The faerie shifted her position then pointed at her chest, again. “Aife. Be ye Cadi?”

Cadi bowed her head. “I am Cadi.”

The faerie stuck out her hand. “Then Aife and Cadi are friends. Aife has never met a Big.”

As gently as she could, Cadi shook the tiny hand. “I have never met a faerie.”

The steed Aderyn had ridden to their site, lifted his head and snorted.

A grey horse bounded up the side of the hill. She stopped near the blanket and bowed her head. Aife raced over and ran up her leg. She sat on the horse’s head between the ears. “This is Cheffyl.”

Cadi rubbed her hand along the grey neck. “She is a large horse for ye.”

Aife laughed so hard, she rolled backwards down the horse’s neck, landing on its back. “Nay. Cheffyl is not Aife’s horse. Cheffyl is for Cadi.”


 Blurb and Links -

Leading an army of faeries and pixies into battle against mountain trolls was not what Cadi expected when she accepted the task of rescuing Ewen - the son of the Overseer of the Faeries.

Squire Ewen followed his liege into battle with a head full of romantic notions of knights, heroics, and damsels in distress. Being captured by a troll, thrown into a cave, and awaiting a hideous death was not how he had foreseen his adventure to play out.

Can Ewen stay out of trouble long enough for Cadi to rescue him? Will Cadi overcome her doubts and fears and bring her beloved Ewen home to Plucks Ridge?

Or will the petty evilness of The Scorned One defeat all and destroy the magickal realm?

If you love action, humour, quirky characters, and romance, then Daryl Devoré’s latest medieval fantasy romance – A Voice in the Air – is a must read.

UBL

Amazon

Pinterest - A Voice in the Air 

Good Reads


What’s Happening in June

1 – Motivational Thursday

2 - My Blog. My Post. My Books

3 - Backlist Saturday Spotlight

4 - Weekend Writing Warriors #8Sunday

5 - Open Book Blog Hop #OpenBook

6 – Spotlight – Rosemary Kubli - Gullible

7 -

8 - Motivational Thursday

9 - Spotlight - Adrianna Kraft -

10 - Backlist Saturday Spotlight

11 -

12 -

13 –

14 -

15 - Motivational Thursday

16 - My Blog. My Post. My Books

17 - Backlist Saturday Spotlight

18 -

19 -

20 – Spotlight – Nicole Rose - The Ruined Series

21 –

22 – Motivational Thursday

23 – My Blog. My Post. My Books

24 – Backlist Saturday Spotlight

25 – 

26 – 

27 – Spotlight –Elisa Rae – The Unseelie’s Wallflower

28 –

29 – Motivational Thursday

30 – My Blog. My Post. My Books

Follow me

Twitter           Mastodon


BookBub

Author Group / Newsletter

 or if you prefer -

 
or if you'd prefer
 
 
 
A free ebook for members who join.

No comments:

Post a Comment