Daryl Devore's Blog

Daryl Devore's Blog

Wednesday 3 May 2023

I cannot fight a… a troll! A Voice in the Air on #MFRWhooks #MFRWAuthor #sweet #medieval #fantasy #romance

Book Hooks is a weekly meme hosted by Marketing for Romance Writers as part of the MFRW Authors Blog. It's a chance each week for you the reader to discover current WIP or previously published book by possibly new to you authors.

Today, I am showcasing a snippet from my sweet medieval romance – A Voice in the Air.


Scene Set – We leave Ewen in the cave. Back to Cadi who is training for her rescue mission

Excerpt -

Cadi rolled her shoulders, trying to ease some of the ache. A drop of sweat rolled down her brow and dripped into her eye. She blinked, unable to swipe at it. Two hands were needed to keep hold of the sword.

For three days she’d learned defensive moves and horse-riding skills. Her mind whirled from all that Fira had taught her. She wanted nothing more than to sleep, but every moment she could learn was precious.

Her life and Ewen’s may depend on her skills.

“Sit. Rest.” Fira settled on a blanket laid out in a sunny spot on the top of a grass-covered hill. Her dress shimmered like rays of light danced on it. “Aderyn will bring drink and food in a moment.”

Cadi released her grip. The sword landed at her feet. “I cannot.”

A smile fluttered across Fira’s mouth. “Ye cannot sit?” She waved her hand towards the vista before them. “Tis a beautiful day. The sky is clear. The Goddess grants us a warm breeze. The crops are being harvested. It is not yet time for the snow to fly. This day is a gift.”

Kneeling on the blanket, then sitting back on her heels, Cadi frowned. “I cannot sit. I cannot rest. I must learn. Ye must teach me more.”

“No.” Fira shook her head. Her silvery hair floating with the motion. “Ye have learned enough.”

“I… I have learned nothing. How can I fight a man? He will be big and strong. I… I am to—” She lifted her arm and let it fall. “I am weak. Too weak. How can I do what ye ask? I cannot fight a… a troll!”


 Blurb and Links -

Leading an army of faeries and pixies into battle against mountain trolls was not what Cadi expected when she accepted the task of rescuing Ewen - the son of the Overseer of the Faeries.

Squire Ewen followed his liege into battle with a head full of romantic notions of knights, heroics, and damsels in distress. Being captured by a troll, thrown into a cave, and awaiting a hideous death was not how he had foreseen his adventure to play out.

Can Ewen stay out of trouble long enough for Cadi to rescue him? Will Cadi overcome her doubts and fears and bring her beloved Ewen home to Plucks Ridge?

Or will the petty evilness of The Scorned One defeat all and destroy the magickal realm?

If you love action, humour, quirky characters, and romance, then Daryl Devoré’s latest medieval fantasy romance – A Voice in the Air – is a must read.

UBL

Amazon

Pinterest - A Voice in the Air 

Good Reads

What’s Happening in May

4 – Motivational Thursday

5 - My Blog. My Post. My Books

6 - Backlist Saturday Spotlight

7 - Weekend Writing Warriors #8Sunday

8 - Open Book Blog Hop #OpenBook

9 – Steam hop #MFRWsteam

10 - Book Hooks #MFRWhooks #MFRWAuthor

11 – Motivational Thursday

12 - Spotlight - Adrianna Kraft -

13 - Backlist Saturday Spotlight

14 - Weekend Writing Warriors #8Sunday

15 - Open Book Blog Hop #OpenBook

16 – Spotlight – Lisa Towles - Salt Island

17 - Book Hooks #MFRWhooks #MFRWAuthor

18 - Motivational Thursday

19 - My Blog. My Post. My Books

20 - Backlist Saturday Spotlight

21 - Weekend Writing Warriors #8Sunday

22 - Open Book Blog Hop #OpenBook

23 – Spotlight – Nancy Lee Badger -The Rogue’s Ring

24 – Book Hooks #MFRWhooks #MFRWAuthor

25 – Motivational Thursday

26 – My Blog. My Post. My Books

27 – Backlist Saturday Spotlight

28 – Weekend Writing Warriors #8Sunday

29 – Open Book Blog Hop #OpenBook

30 – Spotlight – Christina Wallace - The Light Keeper

31 – Book Hooks #MFRWhooks #MFRWAuthor

 

Follow me

Twitter           Mastodon


BookBub

Author Group / Newsletter

 or if you prefer -

 
or if you'd prefer
 
 
 
A free ebook for members who join.

No comments:

Post a Comment