Daryl Devore's Blog

Daryl Devore's Blog

Monday 27 March 2023

You named your dog Reginald? #OpenBook Blog Hop #writers #DarylDevore

Welcome to the Open Book Blog Hop! This week’s theme - What is your favourite animal and why? Have you ever included it in one of your stories?

This is a tough one. My spirit animal is an Alpaca. Even thinking about one makes me smile.

From a day at the nearby Alpaca ranch.

But then there is always - goats. Goats are amazing.


This is Sprout - my favourite goat. She lives at the goat farm where my daughter volunteers.

But - ever since I was very little, I have had cats.

There are 2 cats in that photo. Ginny-furr and Licorice.

But we also have had dogs.

Cosmo. He loved snow.
 

And yes, I did use a cat and a dog in one of my stories. The story is a whimsical sweet romance and here's the cute meet between Darcy and Shamus.

 Ducks fed, I turned to the cart and lifted a flat of young pansies. I took one step towards the flowerbed when something the size of a small elephant knocked me backwards onto my butt.

"Reginald. Stop."

I glanced from the bright-eyed sheepdog to the scowling-faced man. Rubbing my arm, I asked, “You named your dog Reginald?”

Now, please visit the other #OpenBook Blog Hop writers. You can find their posts at

What’s Happening in March

28 – Spotlight –
29 – Book Hooks #MFRWhooks #MFRWAuthor
30 – Motivational Thursday
31 – My Blog. My Post. My Books

Follow me

Twitter           Mastodon


BookBub

Author Group / Newsletter

 or if you prefer -

 
or if you'd prefer
 
 
 
A free ebook for members who join.

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Not when Reg is about to do something wrong.

      Delete
  2. That is such a cool name for a dog, especially one with attitude.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I liked it. Right proper name for an English sheepdog.

      Delete
  3. Goats are so much fun! (and work) An old coworker bought a farm in upstate NY so he could raise goats.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are so intelligent and goofy at the same time.

    ReplyDelete