Daryl Devore's Blog

Daryl Devore's Blog

Wednesday 8 March 2023

Are ye a faerie? Medieval fantasy romance - A Voice in the Air on #MFRWhooks #MFRWAuthor #sweet #medieval #fantasy #romance

Book Hooks is a weekly meme hosted by Marketing for Romance Writers as part of the MFRW Authors Blog. It's a chance each week for you the reader to discover current WIP or previously published book by possibly new to you authors.

Today, I am showcasing a snippet from my sweet medieval romance – A Voice in the Air.

Scene Set – Cadi was rescued by an elder who shook herself and she transformed. Cadi speaks with her rescuer.

Excerpt -

“Are ye a faerie?”

“Nay. The overseer. Like a queen.” Fira settled on a chair across from her. “I was not born with faerie magick, I was granted those powers.”

“But…” She paused her sentence. “But what be ye? If ye are not faerie nor mortal?”

“I am the essence of the air and sun. I am magick.” Fira’s smile lightened the room. “Yes, magick is real. Some possess powers. Others do not. Many refuse to believe. But in yer soul, ye have always believed and that is why ye can see me as I am and ye know my name.”

“I heard a voice. Aderyn said it was a faerie’s.”

“Aye. I cannot speak my name to another until the faerie test. If a faerie whispers it and ye hear it then ye are a good person with a true heart.”

“I have never seen a faerie. Are they big like ye and I?” How could magickal beings wander about and she never noticed one?

“Nay.” Fira laughed. ‘Ye could hold one on the palm of yer hand. In a few days ye will be presented to one.”

 Blurb and Links -

Leading an army of faeries and pixies into battle against mountain trolls was not what Cadi expected when she accepted the task of rescuing Ewen - the son of the Overseer of the Faeries.

Squire Ewen followed his liege into battle with a head full of romantic notions of knights, heroics, and damsels in distress. Being captured by a troll, thrown into a cave, and awaiting a hideous death was not how he had foreseen his adventure to play out.

Can Ewen stay out of trouble long enough for Cadi to rescue him? Will Cadi overcome her doubts and fears and bring her beloved Ewen home to Plucks Ridge?

Or will the petty evilness of The Scorned One defeat all and destroy the magickal realm?

If you love action, humour, quirky characters, and romance, then Daryl Devoré’s latest medieval fantasy romance – A Voice in the Air – is a must read.

UBL

Amazon

Pinterest - A Voice in the Air 

Good Reads


What’s Happening in March

9 – Spotlight – J. & B. Whiteside - Candy, Cigarettes & Murder
10 - My Blog. My Post. My Books
11 - Backlist Saturday Spotlight
12 - Weekend Writing Warriors #8Sunday
13A - Open Book Blog Hop #OpenBook
13B - Books & More Blog Hop #BooksandMore
14 – Spotlight – Abbie Roads – Dangerous Dreams
15 - Book Hooks #MFRWhooks #MFRWAuthor
16 – Spotlight – Libby Kay - Falling for You
17 - My Blog. My Post. My Books
18 - Backlist Saturday Spotlight
19 - Weekend Writing Warriors #8Sunday
20A - Open Book Blog Hop #OpenBook
20B - Books & More Blog Hop #BooksandMore
21 – Spotlight – Motivational Tuesday
22 - Book Hooks #MFRWhooks #MFRWAuthor
23 – Spotlight – Bobbi Groover – The Way Home Saga
24 - My Blog. My Post. My Books
25 - Backlist Saturday Spotlight
26 - Weekend Writing Warriors #8Sunday
27A - Open Book Blog Hop #OpenBook
27B - Books & More Blog Hop #BooksandMore
28 – Spotlight –
29 – Book Hooks #MFRWhooks #MFRWAuthor
30 – Motivational Thursday 
31 – My Blog. My Post. My Books

 Follow me 

                  Twitter                                         Mastodon

BookBub

Author Group / Newsletter

 

 or if you prefer -

 
or if you'd prefer
 
 
 
A free ebook for members who join.
 

4 comments:

  1. Interesting excerpt. Like the spirit who has rescued her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The more I see from this book, the more I want to read it - consider me hooked; added it to my Amazon list.

    ReplyDelete