Daryl Devore's Blog

Daryl Devore's Blog

Sunday 12 March 2023

I worry not about the Father Abbot. I answer only to a higher goddess. A Voice in the Air is at #WeWrWa #8Sunday #medieval #fantasy #romance

Welcome to Weekend Writing Warriors! Where writers share an excerpt of their writing on Sunday.  Visit other participants on the list and read and comment on their 8sunday posts.

Spread the word. Twitter hashtag #8sunday.

WWW

This week's excerpt is from my medieval fantasy romance – A Voice in the Air


Scene Set – Cadi is rescued from the monastery's prison cell. She is imprisoned because she sang in the church. 

Excerpt

There was a scratching at her door. She peered out. Enfys, the old woman, hunched over from her ancient years, peered up. “Out ye come, girl. Ye has places to be, and this be not one of them.”

“But tis locked.”

“Nay,” her raspy voice rattled with laughter.

Cadi pushed the door open. “The Father Abbot will be angry.”

Enfys signalled to Cadi to follow. “I worry not about the Father Abbot. I answer only to a higher goddess.”

Blurb and Links

Leading an army of faeries and pixies into battle against mountain trolls was not what Cadi expected when she accepted the task of rescuing Ewen - the son of the Overseer of the Faeries.

Squire Ewen followed his liege into battle with a head full of romantic notions of knights, heroics, and damsels in distress. Being captured by a troll, thrown into a cave, and awaiting a hideous death was not how he had foreseen his adventure to play out.

Can Ewen stay out of trouble long enough for Cadi to rescue him? Will Cadi overcome her doubts and fears and bring her beloved Ewen home to Plucks Ridge?

Or will the petty evilness of The Scorned One defeat all and destroy the magickal realm?

If you love action, humour, quirky characters, and romance, then Daryl Devoré’s latest medieval fantasy romance – A Voice in the Air – is a must read.

UBL

Amazon

Pinterest - A Voice in the Air 

Good Reads


What’s Happening in March

13A - Open Book Blog Hop #OpenBook
13B - Books & More Blog Hop #BooksandMore
14 – Spotlight – Abbie Roads – Dangerous Dreams
15 - Book Hooks #MFRWhooks #MFRWAuthor
16 – Spotlight – Libby Kay - Falling for You
17 - My Blog. My Post. My Books
18 - Backlist Saturday Spotlight
19 - Weekend Writing Warriors #8Sunday
20A - Open Book Blog Hop #OpenBook
20B - Books & More Blog Hop #BooksandMore
21 – Spotlight – Motivational Tuesday
22 - Book Hooks #MFRWhooks #MFRWAuthor
23 – Spotlight – Bobbi Groover – The Way Home Saga
24 - My Blog. My Post. My Books
25 - Backlist Saturday Spotlight
26 - Weekend Writing Warriors #8Sunday
27A - Open Book Blog Hop #OpenBook
27B - Books & More Blog Hop #BooksandMore
28 – Spotlight –
29 – Book Hooks #MFRWhooks #MFRWAuthor
30 – Motivational Thursday
31 – My Blog. My Post. My Books

Follow me

Twitter           Mastodon


BookBub

Author Group / Newsletter

 or if you prefer -

 
or if you'd prefer
 
 
 
A free ebook for members who join.


14 comments:

  1. Interesting scene. I hope the Abbot is lost in his books or his duties a long time

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooo! I sense magic in the air . . . and a good story coming my way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this development! she needs to be on her way...enjoyed the snippet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She's imprisoned because SHE SANG. I mean. I'm so happy there's more in her future...

    ReplyDelete
  5. If I remember right, she was imprisoned for singing songs, forbidden because of who she was. Wonder if those songs will help her in her future now that she is being sprung.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seems like Cadi is being called to serve a different higher power--hopefully one who will value her gifts, not punish her for them. Loved the description of Enfys! Tweeted.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Intriguing! Does the Abbot serve the same higher power?

    ReplyDelete
  8. There are those who believe they are in charge... then there are those who are in charge.

    ReplyDelete