Daryl Devore's Blog

Daryl Devore's Blog

Friday 3 March 2023

Writer's Block shows itself in many different forms. Daryl Devore's My Books. My Blog. My Post. #amnotwriting #author

Life can be a big factor in getting any writing done. If life is hectic/stressful/overwhelming and therefore your brain is mush there is little chance 100 words of brilliant prose could be written.

But when life is calmer/more serene and still the writer is sitting staring at a blank screen/page and the words won't flow. And they haven't flowed for days/weeks/months or even possibly - years! That's writer's block. A non-medical condition but real none-the-less

I've hit that way. It took me a bit to realize it. The desire to write is not there. I'm not overtly concerned. This has happened before. 

My #1 fix - don't stress it. If I stress on the fact that I can't get the story to move on then my brain is just going to keep the gates locked. If I move along with life doing whatever, I know the urge to write will return.

But that's me. I know ME. I don't know YOU.

Do a search engine search on how to get your writing mojo back. I could list probably 50 ways here, but again - I don't know YOU. You read the lists and see what triggers in you and then go for it.

Oh, and ignore those who say writer's block doesn't exist. That it isn't a block - just a temporary thing. Duh - just a temporary thing that's keeping you from writing is a block. No one ever said it was permanent. A door blocks your way into another room. You figure out how to open it. Then you enter. Writer's block is the same thing. It is blocking you from writing. You discover the trick that gets you back on track. Then you go write a book.

Happy writing.

What’s Happening in March

4 - Backlist Saturday Spotlight
5 - Weekend Writing Warriors #8Sunday
6A - Open Book Blog Hop #OpenBook
6B - Books & More Blog Hop #BooksandMore
7 – Steam hop #MFRWsteam
8 - Book Hooks #MFRWhooks #MFRWAuthor
9 – Spotlight – J. & B. Whiteside - Candy, Cigarettes & Murder
10 - My Blog. My Post. My Books
11 - Backlist Saturday Spotlight
12 - Weekend Writing Warriors #8Sunday
13A - Open Book Blog Hop #OpenBook
13B - Books & More Blog Hop #BooksandMore
14A – Steam hop #MFRWsteam
14B – Spotlight – Abbie Roads – Dangerous Dreams
15 - Book Hooks #MFRWhooks #MFRWAuthor
16 – Spotlight – Libby Kay - Falling for You
17 - My Blog. My Post. My Books
18 - Backlist Saturday Spotlight
19 - Weekend Writing Warriors #8Sunday
20A - Open Book Blog Hop #OpenBook
20B - Books & More Blog Hop #BooksandMore
21 – Spotlight – Motivational Tuesday
22 - Book Hooks #MFRWhooks #MFRWAuthor
23 – Spotlight – Bobbi Groover – The Way Home Saga
24 - My Blog. My Post. My Books
25 - Backlist Saturday Spotlight
26 - Weekend Writing Warriors #8Sunday
27A - Open Book Blog Hop #OpenBook
27B - Books & More Blog Hop #BooksandMore
28 – Spotlight –
29 – Book Hooks #MFRWhooks #MFRWAuthor
30 – Motivational Thursday
31 – My Blog. My Post. My Books

Follow me

Twitter           Mastodon


BookBub

Author Group / Newsletter

 or if you prefer -

 
or if you'd prefer
 
 
 
A free ebook for members who join.

No comments:

Post a Comment