Daryl Devore's Blog

Daryl Devore's Blog

Monday 27 February 2023

Daryl Devore talks about whether she tackles current political turmoil in her works on the #OpenBook Blog Hop #writers #DarylDevore

 Welcome to the Open Book Blog Hop! This week’s theme - Do you tackle current political turmoil in your stories or avoid it? Tell us why.

Oh good gracious no. I write "escapist fiction". Billionaire romances. Medieval fantasy. I want the reader to slip into my world and ignore the real one for a few hours. All the troubles in my books can be solved in a couple of hundred pages. Reality isn't that easy.

Now, please visit the other #OpenBook Blog Hop writers. You can find their posts at

 

 What’s on in February

28 – Spotlight – Lilliana Rose - Shadow Wolf

 

Follow me 

                    Twitter                                          Mastodon

 

Author Group / Newsletter

 

 or if you prefer -

 
or if you'd prefer
 
 
 
A free ebook for members who join.
 

9 comments:

  1. Like you, I try and avoid politics as much as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are some genres you can get away with it- romance isn't one of them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that politics is a reflection of the human condition. As such, without referring to specifics, I treat it as a fact of life in my sci-fi stories, I have a sneaking suspicion it will be just the same as it is now on another planet, in another time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure every alien culture has the same problems.

      Delete
  4. My fantasy doesn't have the same politics as currently, but it has similar political problems because I think humans don't change all that much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Genre makes a big difference. @samanthabwriter from
    Balancing Act

    ReplyDelete