Daryl Devore's Blog

Daryl Devore's Blog

Monday 13 February 2023

Daryl Devore talks about Grammar Rules she's broken on the #OpenBook Blog Hop #writers #DarylDevore

 Welcome to the Open Book Blog Hop! This week’s theme - What grammar rules have you broken on purpose?

Oh - this is an easy one. EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM!!! Rules and I don't get along.

Language evolves. Rules keep things stuck. 

Oh, and just a quick question while we're on the topic of grammar rules. Who invented commas? And WHY?!?!?! 

Now, please visit the other #OpenBook Blog Hop writers. You can find their posts at

 

 What’s on in February

14 – Steam hop #MFRWsteam

15 - Book Hooks #MFRWhooks #MFRWAuthor

16 -

17 - My Blog. My Post. My Books

18 - Backlist Saturday Spotlight

19 - Weekend Writing Warriors #8Sunday

20A – Open Book Blog Hop #OpenBook

20B – Books & More Blog Hop #BooksandMore

21 – Spotlight -

22 - Book Hooks #MFRWhooks #MFRWAuthor

23 -

24 - My Blog. My Post. My Books

25 - Backlist Saturday Spotlight

26 - Weekend Writing Warriors #8Sunday

27A – Open Book Blog Hop #OpenBook

27B – Books & More Blog Hop #BooksandMore

28 – Spotlight – Lilliana Rose - Shadow Wolf

 

Follow me 

                    Twitter                                          Mastodon

 

Author Group / Newsletter

 

 or if you prefer -

 
or if you'd prefer
 
 
 
A free ebook for members who join.
 

7 comments:

  1. I'm a fan of commas. They make the strings of word more understandable. I use too many!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I put lots in - editor takes most of them out and then puts them in other places.

      Delete
  2. True! Language does evolve in usage faster than it does in grammar. @samanthabwriter from
    Balancing Act

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rules are made to be broken. We do it every time we speak.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Come on now, Daryl, you know how I feel about commas. Don't take them away from me, please. 🤣

    ReplyDelete