Daryl Devore's Blog

Daryl Devore's Blog

Monday 20 February 2023

Daryl Devore talks about childhood movie memories on the #OpenBook Blog Hop #writers #DarylDevore

 Welcome to the Open Book Blog Hop! This week’s theme - Is there a movie from childhood that still holds a special place with you? (One you saw as a kid, but isn't necessarily a kid's film).

 No. There isn't. There is a book. I've talked about it before - Ballet Shoes. But no movie. My grandparents loved movies and whenever I went over, they'd watch one - but it was a grandparent movie. And when it was over, Grandma would say - now wasn't that a delightful little story. I didn't know the word - Meh! yet.

To this day, I don't really like movies. Last movie I saw in a theatre was either #8 Harry Potter or Bond's Skyfall - whichever came out last.

Now, please visit the other #OpenBook Blog Hop writers. You can find their posts at

 

 What’s on in February

21 – Spotlight -

22 - Book Hooks #MFRWhooks #MFRWAuthor

23 -

24 - My Blog. My Post. My Books

25 - Backlist Saturday Spotlight

26 - Weekend Writing Warriors #8Sunday

27A – Open Book Blog Hop #OpenBook

27B – Books & More Blog Hop #BooksandMore

28 – Spotlight – Lilliana Rose - Shadow Wolf

 

Follow me 

                    Twitter                                          Mastodon

 

Author Group / Newsletter

 

 or if you prefer -

 
or if you'd prefer
 
 
 
A free ebook for members who join.
 

8 comments:

  1. My father was a bit of a movie critic, he taught me to see that there could be more than one meaning in many of the movies I watched as a child. I think it awakened my interest in watching things I might have thought boring, just to see if I could spot what else was going on, and maybe even the desire to make up stories of my own. Sadly, he never got to see (or critique) any of my work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked 'Skyfall', but have no interest in any of the Harry Potter books or films.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't read the books - I watched the films. I liked them.

      Delete
  3. Not everyone is a movie person. We should do childhood books another day! I'd love to hear more about Ballet Shoes. @samanthabwriter from
    Balancing Act

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did do those a while back. Ballet Shoes is an old old book.

      Delete
  4. I keep thinking I need to watch all the James Bond movies, but I never get around to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have seen a few - I like Skyfall the best. Sean Connery was not my favourite Bond - which I know can get me into a lot of trouble with people.

      Delete