Daryl Devore's Blog

Daryl Devore's Blog

Thursday 3 February 2022

Daryl Devore has a new mantra for her writing and why it's important to her. #writing #author #mantra #DarylDevore

There are fabulous books that no one buys. There are - let's be blunt - pretty shitty books that become best sellers. Once I finally realized that - writing became easier. I write for myself and somewhat for my critique partners and beta.

If I like the story - the characters - the direction it is going - then I am happy. It is impossible to please everyone. It's hard enough just to please 1 person.

Now before we end up off topic in a debate as to what a mantra is - there are 2 definitions. #1 is probably the one you are thinking of.

My use of the word - A commonly repeated word or phrase, especially in advocacy or for motivation.

The above is a bit longer than a phrase - but it is used in advocacy for my works and in motivation for my writing - therefore - it is my mantra.

Yes - I got caught up in a heated debate on the use of mantra and I am just trying to stave off another one.

Happy Writing, everyone.

 

P.S. Yes, I know the word "for" is missing - I swear it was there. I suspect internet gremlins


 

 What's happening in February on

 Romance – Sweet to Heat

4 – My Blog. My Post. My Books - Dark Chocolate and Strawberries

5 – Backlist Saturday Spotlight – Dark Chocolate and Strawberries

6 – Weekend Writing Warriors #8Sunday

7 – #OpenBook Blog Hop

8 – SteamHop - Dark Chocolate and Strawberries

9 – Book Hooks #MFRWhooks #MFRWAuthor

10 – Daryl’s Musings - Newsletter

11 – My Blog. My Post. My Books

12 – Backlist Saturday Spotlight – Dark Chocolate and Strawberries

13 – Weekend Writing Warriors #8Sunday

14 – #OpenBook Blog Hop

15 – SPOTLIGHT – Numerous Authors - Eclipsing Hearts

16 – Book Hooks #MFRWhooks #MFRWAuthor

17 – Flashette – free read

18 – Special Spotlight - Viviana MacKade -Valkyrie Love

19 – Backlist Saturday Spotlight – Dark Chocolate and Strawberries

20 – Weekend Writing Warriors #8Sunday

21 – #OpenBook Blog Hop

22 – SPOTLIGHT – David H. Millar - The Conall Series

23 – Book Hooks #MFRWhooks #MFRWAuthor

24 – SPOTLIGHT – Tina Donahue – Privilege

25 – My Blog. My Post. My Books

26 – Backlist Saturday Spotlight – Dark Chocolate and Strawberries

27 – Weekend Writing Warriors #8Sunday

28 – #OpenBook Blog Hop

 

 

Follow Me on Twitter

Sign up for my every other month newsletter 

No comments:

Post a Comment