Daryl Devore's Blog

Daryl Devore's Blog

Friday 11 February 2022

My Books. My Blog. My Post. Daryl Devore rambles on about... stalling and ... oh, yea, being distracted. #author #writer #writingwoes #DarylDevore

I am the official and true Queen of Stalling.

Heck, I even stalled for 20 minutes when trying to write this post. (Gotta love Twitter.)

I think I have gotten a lot more… what was I talking about- oh, yeah – I gotten a lot more… easily distractable.

I’ve got a book to finish. Only a few more chapters. Feels like I have been writing this one since the beginning of time. I may have started it way back then, but if I’d been writing it – it would be done by now. Shakes head.

I have a book to get out of pre-order and put it live as I didn’t get into Book Sirens for reviews – so what the hell – might as well just put it up. But that takes effort. 

Wonder what’s happening on Twitter?

Oh yeah – what I found hilarious about Book Sirens rejection – in the bottom right corner is a button that reads - Submit another book.

Sure. Cause you know, everyone just loves rejection.

Plus, I have a book that I wish to get reviews for and release just after the above mentioned book and I diligently collected a bunch of emails to submit to – now I just have to the emails.

I wonder if there are any cookies.

In January, we were in lockdown – again – 4th?? 5th?? time – and I promised myself I wouldn’t waste the free time. I was doing pretty good then my VA hinted I needed to check book links and clean up my blog etc and that took 2 weeks. So, I did do stuff – just not the stuff I wanted to do. Not complaining. It did need to get done. I guess that’s a win.

I wonder where I was going with this post.

Oh yeah, I’m the queen of stalling.

I have edits from a cp (critique partner) and its lunch. Hmmmm.

Which do I do?

Edits?

Lunch?

Edits?

I think there are still cookies. Lunch!

 

 What's happening in February on

 Romance – Sweet to Heat

12 – Backlist Saturday Spotlight – Dark Chocolate and Strawberries

13 – Weekend Writing Warriors #8Sunday

14 – #OpenBook Blog Hop

15 – SPOTLIGHT – Numerous Authors - Eclipsing Hearts

16 – Book Hooks #MFRWhooks #MFRWAuthor

17 – Flashette – free read

18 – Special Spotlight - Viviana MacKade -Valkyrie Love

19 – Backlist Saturday Spotlight – Dark Chocolate and Strawberries

20 – Weekend Writing Warriors #8Sunday

21 – #OpenBook Blog Hop

22 – SPOTLIGHT – David H. Millar - The Conall Series

23 – Book Hooks #MFRWhooks #MFRWAuthor

24 – SPOTLIGHT – Tina Donahue – Privilege

25 – My Blog. My Post. My Books

26 – Backlist Saturday Spotlight – Dark Chocolate and Strawberries

27 – Weekend Writing Warriors #8Sunday

28 – #OpenBook Blog Hop

 

 

Follow Me on Twitter

Sign up for my every other month newsletter 

No comments:

Post a Comment