Daryl Devore's Blog

Daryl Devore's Blog

Thursday 17 February 2022

I long for the shores of my homeland. A short free read flashette from Daryl Devore #flashette #writingprompts #writer

 

I long for the shores of my homeland. The sea has been beneath me for far too many months. The creaking of the boards, and the swaying of the ship on the waves has cradled me into sleep these many months. Or be it years. I cannot remember.

Sleep. Where I will dream of the loved ones that I left onshore. Kith and kin. The images of their eyes and smiling faces gives me comfort in the wee hours of the night, when it is at its darkest.

I stand at the helm, my eyes scanning for a sign of land. But there is none. The sea is calm. The sails lowered. No breeze to move us forward. We drift on the water as aimlessly as driftwood.

Tomorrow the sun will rise. In the evening, the sun will set. Another day away from those I love.

 

 

 What's happening in February on

 Romance – Sweet to Heat

18 – Special Spotlight - Viviana MacKade -Valkyrie Love

19 – Backlist Saturday Spotlight – Dark Chocolate and Strawberries

20 – Weekend Writing Warriors #8Sunday

21 – #OpenBook Blog Hop

22 – SPOTLIGHT – David H. Millar - The Conall Series

23 – Book Hooks #MFRWhooks #MFRWAuthor

24 – SPOTLIGHT – Tina Donahue – Privilege

25 – My Blog. My Post. My Books

26 – Backlist Saturday Spotlight – Dark Chocolate and Strawberries

27 – Weekend Writing Warriors #8Sunday

28 – #OpenBook Blog Hop

Follow Me on Twitter

Sign up for my every other month newsletter 

No comments:

Post a Comment