Daryl Devore's Blog

Daryl Devore's Blog

Friday 25 February 2022

Daryl Devore's My Books. My Blog. My Post. Easy fix for a small problem versus blowing things out of proportion. #writer #author #solutions

This is as close to a political rant as I will get here on my blog. A writer acquaintance emailed me saying she was changing the title of my Friday posts on her tweets. It was - My Books. My Blog. My Post. 

To me that title made perfect sense. But when she tweeted it - the "My" meant her. And funny enough, I'm not her and she's not me.

At first, I let her know that it was ok that she did it and gave her a heads up that it'll happen most Fridays. A bit later, a light bulb moment occurred and I reworked my blog button to - Daryl Devore's My Books. My Blog. My Post.

What's the political rant part - I didn't blow up and yell at her and swear and accuse her of denying me my rights. After all - it is - my books - my blog - my post therefore I can title it whatever I want.

No, instead, I said ok to her request to change my title and left it at that until a better solution revealed itself.

In Canada, we just went through over 3 weeks of people screaming about their rights and freedoms. Got them nowhere. Except possibly jail. Maybe if we all stepped back - took a sec - respected the other person - there might be possible compromises that settles the issue without anyone's blood pressure hitting critical.

Just sayin'


 What's happening in February on

 Romance – Sweet to Heat

26 – Backlist Saturday Spotlight – Dark Chocolate and Strawberries

27 – Weekend Writing Warriors #8Sunday

28 – #OpenBook Blog Hop

 Follow Me on Twitter

Sign up for my every other month newsletter 

2 comments:

  1. At least she notified you! I've had folks change titles... and I'm with you: In the grand scheme of things, whatever. We're not evacuating to Poland, you know?

    ReplyDelete