Daryl Devore's Blog

Daryl Devore's Blog

Thursday 2 June 2022

Fascinated with space. Orion is my favourite constellation. #space #NASA

Ionized Carbon Atoms in Orion

NASA ID: PIA21073
The dusty side of the Sword of Orion is illuminated in this striking infrared image from the European Space Agency's Hershel Space Observatory. This immense nebula is the closest large region of star formation, situated about 1,500 light years away in the constellation of Orion. The parts that are easily observed in visible light, known alternatively as the Orion Nebula or Messier 42, correspond to the light blue regions. This is the glow from the warmest dust, illuminated by clusters of hot stars that have only recently been born in this chaotic region. The red spine of material running from corner to corner reveals colder, denser filaments of dust and gas that are scattered throughout the Orion nebula. In visible light this would be a dark, opaque feature, hiding the reservoir of material from which stars have recently formed and will continue to form in the future. Herschel data ... more


 

 What's happening in June on

 Romance – Sweet to Heat

3 – My Blog. My Post. My Books

4 – Backlist Saturday Spotlight

5 – Weekend Writing Warriors #8Sunday

6 – #OpenBook Blog Hop

7 – Spotlight – J. Arlene Culiner - A Room in Blake’s Folly

8 – Book Hooks #MFRWhooks #MFRWAuthor

9 – Daryl’s Thoughts and Motivational Things #motivation

10 – My Blog. My Post. My Books

11 – Backlist Saturday Spotlight –

12 – Weekend Writing Warriors #8Sunday

13 – #OpenBook Blog Hop

14 – #SteamHop

15 – Book Hooks #MFRWhooks #MFRWAuthor

16 – Flashette – free read

17 – My Blog. My Post. My Books

18 – Backlist Saturday Spotlight –

19 – Weekend Writing Warriors #8Sunday

20 - #OpenBook Blog Hop

21 – Spotlight – Dahila Donovan - Crown Court Killer

22 – Book Hooks #MFRWhooks #MFRWAuthor

23 – Daryl’s Thoughts and Motivational Things #motivation

24 – My Blog. My Post. My Books

25 – Backlist Saturday Spotlight –

26 – Weekend Writing Warriors #8Sunday

27 – #OpenBook Blog Hop

28 – Spotlight – Kaci Rose - Saving Mason

29 – Book Hooks #MFRWhooks #MFRWAuthor

30 – Flashette – free read

Follow Me on Twitter

Sign up for my every other month newsletter 

 

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment