Daryl Devore's Blog

Daryl Devore's Blog

Friday 29 April 2022

Daryl Devore's My Books. My Blog. My Posts. Talking about her latest release - a #NA #Dancer #romance - Dancing in Circles

With 17 previously books under my belt, the fun fact is Dancing in Circles, which is my latest release, is actually the first book I wrote. It was way back in high school – a couple of hundred years ago. Jump ahead – I was teaching high school and 2 of my students complained (after coming from English class) that there was nothing for them to read. Nothing about them and their lives.

So, I dug out my book and updated it, and did a bit of editing – lol. Talk about overused !!! and “ly” adverbs.

Then I dug in and did the whole submission to an agent. Found one. He was just beginning to work with me when he suffered a massive heart attack and died. So, I had to start all over again.

Found a publisher that was willing to work with me. Book was published. Yay.

Nope. Publisher then went belly up.

Ok – let’s keep trying – what else is there? Ebooks were new. My pen name – Daryl Devore – had an epublisher. I had an inkling of what was involved so I indie published the book - before indies were “cool”.

The book languished. I did get a fan email from a woman who was curious that I was claiming the book was mine – when she’d read it years ago under a different author’s name.


But trying to lead 2 writer’s lives at the same time got mind-boggling. The decision was made to move everything to my Daryl Devore pen name as of the two that was the more well-known name.

It was suggested – more than once – that I could not have such a wide range of genres – sweet romances all the way to hot romances. How would the readers know what they were getting into?

Not one who does well being told she can’t do something - I set it up on my personal blog. Books on left are sweet. Books on right are hot.

I have the sequel to this book to re-release and then one other and all my books will be under this name.

So, may I introduce – Dancing in Circles.


Blurb and Buy Link

The lament of two teens – There’s nothing to read – was the trigger to the creation of Daryl Devore’s New Adult romance - Dancing in Circles.

One born into privilege and a charmed life surrounded by love and family.

The other born to a life of violence on the streets as the solemn leader of the notorious Shoresmen.

 A young, idealistic co-ed, Julie Anderson, meets a jaded, cold gang member, Robert Holiday, and cracks his icy shell, allowing the warmth of her love to awaken his soul.

But - is Julie’s love strong enough to surpass all that life will throw at them? Social prejudice. Hatred. Violence. And is she willing to sacrifice her childhood dream of becoming a professional dancer for the man she loves?

Tied to the brotherhood of his gang, Robert is torn between his duties to them and his desire to spend his life with Julie. Can circumstance even allow him to lay down his ties to the gang so that he may hold onto his newfound love?

 Sacrifices must be made, but only time will tell if it is enough.

UBL

Amazon - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09XLSYCD6

(No idea why Amazon isn't in the UBL - hoping it'll be added soon.)

Other seller links will be added as they become available.


BookBub - https://www.bookbub.com/books/dancing-in-circles-circles-complete-book-1-by-daryl-devore

Pinterest -link coming soon

 Goodreads - https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/60808114-dancing-in-circles

 

 What's happening in April on

 Romance – Sweet to Heat

30 – Backlist Saturday Spotlight

Follow Me on Twitter

Sign up for my every other month newsletter 

 

 


 

1 comment:

  1. Wow - this book has gone through the wars! Congratulations on its launch, Daryl.

    ReplyDelete