Daryl Devore's Blog

Daryl Devore's Blog

Friday 1 April 2022

Daryl Devore's My Books My Blog My Post talks about the backlist book she is spotlighting for the month of April - Love My Fate #hot urbanfantasy #romance


 Each month I am spotlight a backlist book for a month. It will be featured on Backlist Saturday Spotlight. This month it's my hot urban fantasy romance - Love My Fate.

This book holds a special spot in my heart. It is the first book that I feel actually has my writer's voice in it. Possibly because I fought to keep it there. It has touches of my sense of humour and it breaks rules that authors are told they can't do.

I'm not good with being told I can't do something. If there is a legitimate and logical reason - I can accept it. Killing a person is morally wrong - I can accept that. But being told I can't write a book in 2 different POV's because ... because ...  

Yea, most people couldn't tell me why I couldn't other than it's against the rules. Well romance rules suck. Whoever the tight asses are who scream that these rules have to be or readers can't read and understand romance - those people need to read other books. Other genres head hop and change POV and all sorts of stuff that romance authors "aren't allowed to". Well - fuck that. I will do what I choose. It is my style and if the books are horrible that's on me.

Wow - these posts are starting to be a bit cathartic. It's my books - my blog - my posts for sure.

These are the topics for the next 5 Saturdays

 April 2 - Thoughts on the writing of Love My Fate.

April 9 - One of my favourite scenes in the book

April 16 - A hot scene from Love My Fate

April 23 - What People are saying about Love My Fate

April 30 - Teasers for Love My Fate


3 comments:

  1. Thanks for adding your post to Click & Run.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stevie wrote a book with shifting POV. John D MacDonald sold a ton of books, and he has several with shifting (multi) POV. Jennifer Eagan breaks the fourth wall and shifts POV. David Foster Wallace gave rules the finger and wrote brilliantly. None of which matters but if you're going to rant, don't get caught up in the "everybody says" logic because not everybody says, you know? I ofetn wonder why people rehearse in public so my bigger question is why bother to publish a book that's not your voice? Just curious, not a point of sniping.

    ReplyDelete