Daryl Devore's Blog

Daryl Devore's Blog

Friday 15 April 2022

Daryl Devore's My Books My Blog My Post This week Daryl talks about her writing genres. #DarylDevore #writer #blog #writingcommunity

  

So - a long time ago when I was a beginner writer, I wrote in a sweeter style romance genre. Then I joined a critique group and was working on another story when someone mentioned, I should heat the story up - cause sex sells! And then I could get established as a writer.

Ok - works for me. I did.

Then I wanted to publish the sweeter romance but was told - by those in the know - that I couldn't do it and use the same name - readers would get confused.

I published it under a different pen name. Life then got confusing - I was me (my real name), Daryl Devore (pen name 1) and Victoria Adams (pen name 2). So that meant - 3 email accts - 3 FB pages - 3 Twitter accts - 2 blogs. The real me doesn't have a blog. And whatever else.

Keeping who I was straight was crazy and I decided enough is enough. I rarely follow the "rules" of writing anyway, so I am compressing all my Victoria Adams books into my Daryl Devore name.

Devore writes hot, steamy romances. I mean HOT. Victoria wrote sweeter romance - sometimes with a teeny bit of heat. (i.e. more than a chaste kiss. But sex was always behind doors.)

And this week, the first of Victoria Adams's books being re-released under the Daryl Devore pen name has finally happened. There are 2 more to go.

This book also suffered another failure on my part. New writer issues. It was suggested to break it into 2 books.  It was a bit long, so I did. Well, like everybody else - no one pays attention to the 2nd anything in a trilogy. But what was in the 2nd book is where everything happened that caused the need for the 3rd book.

So not only have I changed the author, but I put the two books back together. Sadly, Circles Divided no longer exists. It was pulled from Amazon.

Now there is a duology - Dancing in Circles and the June or July release of Circles Interlocked.

Blurb and Buy Links

The lament of two teens – There’s nothing to read – was the trigger to the creation of Daryl Devore’s New Adult romance - Dancing in Circles.

One born into privilege and a charmed life surrounded by love and family.

The other born to a life of violence on the streets as the solemn leader of the notorious Shoresmen.

 A young, idealistic co-ed, Julie Anderson, meets a jaded, cold gang member, Robert Holiday, and cracks his icy shell, allowing the warmth of her love to awaken his soul.

But - is Julie’s love strong enough to surpass all that life will throw at them? Social prejudice. Hatred. Violence. And is she willing to sacrifice her childhood dream of becoming a professional dancer for the man she loves?

Tied to the brotherhood of his gang, Robert is torn between his duties to them and his desire to spend his life with Julie. Can circumstance even allow him to lay down his ties to the gang so that he may hold onto his newfound love?

 Sacrifices must be made, but only time will tell if it is enough.

UBL - https://books2read.com/Dancing-in-Circles

 Available in ebook and paperback. Other seller links to be added.


 What's happening in April on

 Romance – Sweet to Heat

16 – Backlist Saturday Spotlight

17 – Weekend Writing Warriors #8Sunday

18 – #OpenBook Blog Hop

19 – SPOTLIGHT – Tena Stetler – An Angel’s Wylder Assignment

20 – Book Hooks #MFRWhooks #MFRWAuthor

21 – Raven Avenillo - Writer Burnout Tips

22 – My Blog. My Post. My Books

23 – Backlist Saturday Spotlight

24 – Weekend Writing Warriors #8Sunday

25 – #OpenBook Blog Hop

26 – SPOTLIGHT – Jamie Andrea Garzot - Unconventional

27 – Book Hooks #MFRWhooks #MFRWAuthor

28 – Flashette – Free Read

29 – My Blog. My Post. My Books

30 – Backlist Saturday Spotlight

Follow Me on Twitter

Sign up for my every other month newsletter 

 

 


 

2 comments:

  1. One blog and one FB/Twitter page is enough for anybody, lol. There isn't enough time to keep them all updated.

    ReplyDelete