Daryl Devore's Blog

Daryl Devore's Blog

Friday 20 May 2022

Daryl Devore's My Books. My Blog. My Post - talks about book promo frustrations and a bunny named Winifred.


 This is a brief vent. Well, I try to keep it brief. 

I HATE PROMO! It is such a time suck and avoiding it is even more of a time suck.

I am attempting to work out my newsletter - get it set up as everyone says it should be. Get the reader magnets - the subscribers. Do the swaps etc. But - every time I start something I hit a wall. To do this - first you need to do this. But before you do that - you need to do this. But before you do that - you need to do this.

No, I didn't accidentally type that line twice. I could type it 6 more times and it would still be accurate.

So I do an online search to get help and it's all in computer speak. Simply put the html in your header. My blog header is a photo of a flower. Where do I put the html? So I do a word search for my blogger blog and I get a whole whack of sites explaining how to do it for a Word Press blog. Yes, I did ask how to do it in a Blogger blog.

Frustrating and time consuming. Bangs head on keyboard.

But, the good part is I spend my day cuddling Winifred. A friend asked me to help out at an animal rescue as they brought some animals to a seniors residence. And my job was to keep Winifred warm and feeling secure. She fell asleep in my arms.


 What's happening in May on

 Romance – Sweet to Heat

21 – Backlist Saturday Spotligh

22 – Weekend Writing Warriors #8Sunday

23 - #OpenBook Blog Hop

24 – Spotlight – Anna J. Stewart – The Mayor’s Baby Surprise

25 – Book Hooks #MFRWhooks #MFRWAuthor

26 – Daryl’s Thoughts and Motivational Things #motivation

27 – My Blog. My Post. My Books

28 – Backlist Saturday Spotlight –

29 – Weekend Writing Warriors #8Sunday

30 – #OpenBook Blog Hop 

31 – Spotlight – Jana Richards – The Masonville Series

 

Follow Me on Twitter

Sign up for my every other month newsletter 

No comments:

Post a Comment