Daryl Devore's Blog

Daryl Devore's Blog

Saturday 7 May 2022

Backlist Saturday Spotlight - Background tidbits and information on Daryl Devore's #hot #billionaire #romance - Desires


 In May - one of my hot billionaire romances is being featured - Desires. Each Saturday it will be something different about the book.

This week - background information and photos.

This is a republished book. It was with my publisher but I have now left that agency. I wasn't happy with the cover and the title didn't work. It was called F.L.E.S.H. - it was an acryomn - but I can't remember it now - the F is for Flame - her name. E - is electric. S - sexy. H - Heat. But I am scratching my head on what the L stood for.

This is the first book that I truly felt I had found my hot romance writer voice. I write in more than one genre and my "style/voice" is different for each. The more formal archaic tone of my medieval fantasy voice wouldn't work well in a contemporary book.

Here are some photos to show what the MC characters look like - the dog - a couple of his homes etc.

Peyton

 
Fuschia

Peyton's Miami Home

Spartacus

Dinner

Dessert

(You have to read the scene to understand why this dessert photo is perfect.)


When secrets conflict with dreams, love explodes. Desires is Daryl Devoré’s hot romance.

After a mistake by a surgeon’s scalpel shattered Fuchsia Quinn's dance career, she picked up the pieces of her life and moved forward. As the owner of a small, struggling dance school in a depressed neighborhood she supplements her income with a late-night job at a strip club. Haunted by the fear of humiliation, if her secret is revealed, her life was under control until the night he walked into the club.

 Peyton Lang, having run from an impoverished neighbourhood, lives the lifestyle of a successful billionaire. Frustrated that his current multi-million dollar project is stalled, Peyton drops in to LEATHER-ICIOUS for a quick drink and late night entertainment. What he saw was a beautiful redhead. What he found was he wanted her.

 After a lusty night with a hot pole dancer, Peyton and Fuchsia's worlds are about to collide.

 UBL

 BookBud

 Pinterest - DESIRES

 GoodReads

 

Next on Backlist Saturday Spotlight 

May 14 - A scene or two from the book.

May 21 - Teasers for Desires

May 28 - Reviews.

  What's happening in May on

 Romance – Sweet to Heat

8 – Weekend Writing Warriors #8Sunday

9 – #OpenBook Blog Hop

10 – Spotlight – Various Authors – Born of Shadows and Magic

11 – Book Hooks #MFRWhooks #MFRWAuthor

12 – Daryl’s Thoughts and Motivational Things #motivation

13 – My Blog. My Post. My Books

14 – Backlist Saturday Spotlight –

15 – Weekend Writing Warriors #8Sunday

16 – #OpenBook Blog Hop

17 – Spotlight – P. Stormcrow - The Playgrounds

18 – Book Hooks #MFRWhooks #MFRWAuthor

19 – Spotlight - Amber Daulton – A Hero’s Heart

20 – My Blog. My Post. My Books

21 – Backlist Saturday Spotlight –

22 – Weekend Writing Warriors #8Sunday

23 - #OpenBook Blog Hop

24 – Spotlight – Anna J. Stewart – The Mayor’s Baby Surprise

25 – Book Hooks #MFRWhooks #MFRWAuthor

26 – Daryl’s Thoughts and Motivational Things #motivation

27 – My Blog. My Post. My Books

28 – Backlist Saturday Spotlight –

29 – Weekend Writing Warriors #8Sunday

30 – #OpenBook Blog Hop 

31 – Spotlight – Jana Richards – The Masonville Series

 

Follow Me on Twitter

Sign up for my every other month newsletter 

No comments:

Post a Comment