Daryl Devore's Blog

Daryl Devore's Blog

Thursday 20 January 2022

Orion. My favourite constellation - NASA view and my view #Orion #constellation

 Orion has always been a special constellation to me. When I was a child, it rose up over the garage at my parent's house. When I got married and we bought a house, it rises over the field across the street. On cold winter nights I could view it and fondly think of home.

My daughter is now grown and owns a home of her own, but she knows where Orion is and it makes her think of home.

The first picture is from NASA.

STS-54 astronomical observation of the constellation Orion

STS054-97-018 (13-19 Jan 1993) --- The STS-54 crew used a handheld 70mm camera to record this view of the constellation Orion. Five astronauts spent six days aboard the Space Shuttle Endeavour in Earth orbit.

 Date Created: 1993-01-19

 


 The second photo I took with my iphone on a dark night in February. Yes, NASA's picture is better, but if you look closely the belt and 4 corner points are visible. Not bad for a complete and total amateur.

 

 What's happening in January on Romance – Sweet to Heat

21 – My Blog. My Post. My Books

22 – Backlist Saturday Spotlight – Two O’clock with the Billionaire

23 – Weekend Writing Warriors #8Sunday

24 – #OpenBook Blog Hop

25 – SPOTLIGHT – Darren Simon - Tripp Unleashed

26 – Book Hooks #MFRWhooks #MFRWAuthor

27 – Flashette – free read

28 – My Blog. My Post. My Books

29 – Backlist Saturday Spotlight – Two O’clock with the Billionaire

30 – Weekend Writing Warriors #8Sunday

31 - #OpenBook Blog Hop

 Follow Me on Twitter

 Sign up for my every other month newsletter 

 


 

2 comments:

  1. It's my favorite, too - and I still remember the first time I used binoculars to resolve the nearby blur of the Pleiades into a necklace of sparkling jewels. The night (or early morning) sky is a great comfort to me.

    ReplyDelete