Daryl Devore's Blog

Daryl Devore's Blog

Thursday 21 January 2021

My January Flashette - The Musing of a Sad Sailor - or someting like that. #flashette #writing


 I belong to a writer's group where monthly prompts are posted. The story should be maximum 1,000 words and involve at least one prompt. Some prompts are words and others are photos. The above photo inspired this flashette.


I long for the shores of my homeland. The sea has been beneath me for far too many months. The creaking of the boards, and the swaying of the ship on the waves has cradled me into sleep these many months. Or be it years. I cannot remember.

Sleep. Where I will dream of the loved ones that I left onshore. Kith and kin. The images of their eyes and smiling faces gives me comfort in the wee hours of the night, when it is at its darkest.

I stand at the helm, my eyes scanning for a sign of land. But there is none. The sea is calm. The sails lowered. No breeze to move us forward. We drift on the water as aimlessly as driftwood.

Tomorrow the sun will rise. In the evening, the sun will set. Another day away from those I love.

 

 

 What's happening in January on Romance –  Sweet to Heat

22 – My Blog. My Post. My Books

23 –  Saturday Spotlight – Rachel A. Olson - Anzel Spectrus

24 – Weekend Writing Warriors #8Sunday

25 – SPOTLIGHT –

26 – SPOTLIGHT – Christina Lynn Lambert – Stranger Creatures

27 – Book Hooks #MFRWhooks #MFRWAuthor

28 – Spectacular Space #SpectacularSpace

29 -  My Blog. My Post. My Books

30 – Saturday Spotlight – Nellie H. Steele – Cate Kenzie Mysteries

31 – Weekend Writing Warriors #8Sunday

 

Follow me on Twitter - https://twitter.com/daryldevore

Sign up for my bi-monthly newsletter - daryl.devore@yahoo.ca

If you see an empty date and you would like to post - daryl.devore@yahoo.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment