Daryl Devore's Blog

Daryl Devore's Blog

Friday 1 May 2020

My books My blog My post. This weekend - hot medieval romance Branwyn's Love. #hot #medieval #romance

Excerpt

“Stop that crying or by all that is powerful, I will beat you.”
“Do not yell so. You will frighten the poor child.”
Through tears, Branwyn stared at her uncle and aunt. “I… I do not understand. Why must I go?”
Her aunt sat next to her. “It is your time, child. A husband has been chosen. You must leave us to join with him.”
“About time it is!” Her uncle’s face grew redder with each word. “One year shy of a score she is, and still unwed. She must fall to her knees to thank God someone wishes to marry such an old spinster.”
Branwyn slapped the arm of her chair. “I decline. It is my right. I shall not marry this man!”
“How many men do you think you can refuse?” Her uncle paced about the small room. “This is the fourth suitor to ask for your hand. You cannot. It is done. Your things are being loaded as we speak.” He jerked back a curtain in the window and pointed.
The door opened and in stepped a tall broad-shouldered soldier. “The carriage awaits.”
“Branwyn.” Aunt Selda patted her hand. “You have no dowry. This is a good match. He is a rich man. He will give you babies.”
Suspicion gnawed at Branwyn’s stomach. “And what did he give you?”
“Gold.” Uncle Egbert picked up his purse and dropped it, with a rattle, back onto the table.
Branwyn dried her eyes with the edge of her sleeve, stood, kissed her aunt on the cheek and strode out the door to face her destiny.
A carriage with two strong, brown horses stood at the entrance. Two guardsmen on horseback waited. The driver offered his hand to help her mount.
Branwyn paused and turned. No one waited to say goodbye. The door of her uncle’s manor closed with a determined firmness. Warm tears gathered at the corner of her eyes. She blinked them back, then settled herself, pulled a blanket over her legs and snapped the curtains closed. If the family she’d grown up with refused to cry and wish her well, she would not shed a tear or turn for a final glance at her adopted home. With a shout and a shudder, the carriage pulled away.




Blurb and Buy Links


Daryl Devoré pens another hot read – the medieval romance -Branwyn’s Love.

The tale of a young woman sold as a courtesan in training. Branwyn arrives in a new land to begin daily lessons in the bewildering art of bedding a man.

The noblewoman chosen to be Prince Malacke’s bride rejects him by bedding his hated rival. Malacke turns his anger towards increasing the power and wealth of Black Dorn castle. And he succeeds until his attention is captured by the face of the woman who will be his queen.








What's happening in May on Romance -  Sweet to Heat
1 – My Blog. My Post. My Books.
2 – SPOTLIGHT – M.D. Fryson - Meridian Chronicles
3 -  Weekend Writing Warriors #8Sunday
4 – Spotlight – Dark Chocolate and Strawberries
5 – SPOTLIGHT – E.J. Dawson - Awakening
6 – Book Hooks #MFRWhooks #MFRWAuthor
7 - My Blog. My Post. My Books.
8 – Fridays in Space
9 – SPOTLIGHT –Abbey Collette – A Deadly Inside Scoop
10 - Weekend Writing Warriors #8Sunday
11 – Spotlight – Felicity Brandon – Daddy’s Game
12 – SPOTLIGHT – Jenn D. Young - The Shadows Ascending
13 - Book Hooks #MFRWhooks #MFRWAuthor
14 - Thursday #Yoga
15 – My Blog. My Post. My Books.
16 – SPOTLIGHT – Christa Nardi -The Sheridan Hendley Mysteries
17 – Weekend Writing Warriors #8Sunday
18 - Spotlight – Sierra Brave – Saving Suki
19 – SPOTLIGHT – Armand Rosamilia - Dirty Deeds
20 – Book Hooks #MFRWhooks #MFRWAuthor
21 - My Blog. My Post. My Books.
22 – Fridays in Space
23 – SPOTLIGHT – Teralyn Mitchell - Falling for the Unexpected Series
24 -  Weekend Writing Warriors #8Sunday
25 – Author Spotlight – Kryssie Fortune – Taken as Theirs
26 – SPOTLIGHT – Melissa Bourbon – Storiebook Charm
27 - Book Hooks #MFRWhooks #MFRWAuthor
28 - Thursday #Yoga
29 – My Blog. My Post. My Books.
30 -  SPOTLIGHT –Will Edwinson – LouIsa: Iron Dove of the Frontier
31– Weekend Writing Warriors #8Sunday

Follow Me on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment