Daryl Devore's Blog

Daryl Devore's Blog

Thursday 21 May 2020

My Books. My Blog. My Post A snippet from the fun hot romance - Love My Fate by Daryl Devore #backlist #contemporary #romance

Capri and Thall are on a beach late at night.

Capri leaned her head on his shoulder. "When you told me to go back and lock everything down, I was fine. I had something to focus on. But when I seat belted myself in, I almost threw up. It hit me then what was happening and there was nothing I could do about it. I hate not being in control."

He released her hand, moved, placed his arm around her and pulled her close. "I'm so sorry."

"For what? You couldn't have known the storm would get that bad. I pressured you into flying."

Thall threw back his head and laughed.

"Hey, Mr. Chuckles." She poked her finger into the centre of his thigh. "I can be a mean corporate bitch when I have to."

"First off, have you figured out yet that I can't fly? I'm not a pilot."

Capri's hand flew to her mouth. "Oh, fuck!"

"Next, and this is what I'm sorry for. Lachesis made the plane go down. It was her intent to get us trapped together."

She blinked. "I'd respond to that, but I'm still stuck on you aren't a pilot."

"Corporate Capri is, how shall I say this, a bit – just a bit mind you – focused on work."

"Corporate Capri?"

"You in a business suit." He shooed at a flying bug. It landed on Capri's thigh. He brushed it away. His hand lingered on her bare skin.

"I had to work hard to get to the position I'm in."

He squeezed her shoulder. "Not judging, just stating facts. Lachesis knew if I was going to break through your defensive wall, we would have to be in an unfamiliar, non-work related environment."

"And it worked." Capri leaned closer and pressed her lips on his cheek.

"Yea, it did." Thall placed his hand under her chin and lifted her face to his. He kissed her cheek, the tip of her nose and moved closer to her parted red lips. With the slightest of pressure, he grazed his mouth across her top lip and then gave the same tender attention to her bottom lip. Capri wrapped her fingers around the back of his head and shifted so her mouth was firmly planted on Thall's. He caressed her mouth with his, drawing out the length of the kiss, not wanting it to end.

Ring. Ring.

Both ignored the sound and pulled closer to deepen the passion of the moment.

Ring. Ring.

Capri shifted back, but Thall held her and refused to break off their kiss.

Ring. Ring.

"Oh, answer the damn thing." He leaned back on the log and crossed his arms. "It had better be an emergency."

Capri lifted her cellphone out of her back pocket. The glow from the screen illuminated her face and chest. "It's from Kat. She wants to know what I'm doing."

"Tell her she interrupted a great kiss."

She keyed in Thall's response and hit send. A moment later, she giggled. "Kat says she's sorry and we should continue."

Thall glanced sideways at her. "Is she going to ask for hourly updates?" He slapped his hand at a moth.

"I'll check." Capri focused on her text. The moth flitted around her head. She waved her hand over her hair then pressed send.

Ring. Ring.

"Kat promises that—Ahhhhh!" With the speed of a ninja, Capri threw the cellphone into the air and reached into her tank-top to pull out the invading moth, which fluttered deeper into her top. "Get it off! Get it off!"

Thall grabbed the bottom of her top and pulled it up and over her head. The moth flew away.

"Did you see the size of that thing?" Capri placed her hand on her chest.

Thall's gaze moved from her eyes to her bra covered breasts. "Maybe we should remove the bra. You know, just to be sure there are no monsters inside."

"Uh, no. We have to find my cell."

"Oh, hell no." He reached for her shoulder strap.

"My cell is my lifeline to the world. Cut it and I go into withdrawal. If you don't want to meet corporate bitch Capri, I suggest we find it." She glanced around the sand, but couldn't distinguish anything in the fading light.

"You're kidding?"

She raised one eyebrow.

"Fine. I'll find the damn cell." Thall crawled on his hands and knees in the general direction that she threw it. He waved his hand above the sand, hitting rocks and sticks, but no luck in finding a cell. He rolled onto his back and stared up at the star-filled sky. "Kat, text Capri. Please."

The only sounds were the gentle lap of the water on the shore, a loon's call from out in the lake and the soft snickering of Capri. "Kat! Come on. I've got a hot chick on a secluded beach. Cut me some slack. Text Capri."

"I don't think she can hear you no matter how loud you yell."

The last of the summer daylight faded. Clouds scooted across the sky and the day birds quieted for their evening sleep. Thall rubbed his forehead. "I hate cell phones. I hate modern technology. What was wrong with carrier pigeons?"

Ring. Ring.

Thall reached up next to his left ear and picked the cellphone out of the sand. "I found it."

"Now come and get your prize." Her voice was as smooth and sultry as the July evening.

Blurb and Buy Links

What's a woman to do when a voice follows her home and makes mad, passionate love to her?

Daryl Devoré’s latest is a quirky paranormal urban fantasy – Love My Fate.

Corporate businesswoman, Capricious Gray, is dragged to a sex toy convention by her best friend. After a mysterious disembodied voice helps her with her purchases, it follows her home. Passion ensues, leaving Capri torn between lust for her fantasy lover and the desperate need for reality in her life.

 

Thall, son of one of the Fates, harbours the irrepressible need to be with the woman he's desired from afar for years. In order to make her his, once and for all, he must help Capri get past her fears, including the fear of what he represents - a fantasy.

 Can fantasy become a reality for these two lovers?

Amazon - ebook

Amazon - print

Books2Read - Kobo, Apple, Barnes and Noble etc

 

BookSprout - read and review

Pinterest page for Love My Fate



What's happening in May on Romance -  Sweet to Heat

22 – Fridays in Space

23 – SPOTLIGHT – Skye McNeil - Timberline

24 -  Weekend Writing Warriors #8Sunday

25 – Spotlight – Kryssie Fortune – Taken as Theirs

26 – SPOTLIGHT – Melissa Bourbon – Storiebook Charm

27 - Book Hooks #MFRWhooks #MFRWAuthor

28 - Thursday #Yoga

29 – My Blog. My Post. My Books.

30 -  SPOTLIGHT –Will Edwinson – LouIsa: Iron Dove of the Frontier

31– Weekend Writing Warriors #8Sunday

 


Follow Me on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment