Daryl Devore's Blog

Daryl Devore's Blog

Tuesday 27 February 2024

What tips does Daryl Devore have about writing blurbs? #writers #DarylDevore

We've talked blurbs before. Do you have any tips for writing blurbs?

Hire someone to write it. I'm only sort of kidding. 

Blurbs can be annoying, I truly do understand.

I try to keep my blurbs short. I've read some where I pretty much don't need to read the book because the blurb as so long. And in keeping it short, you tend to do write what a blurb is supposed to be - a tease. Like a movie trailer - you watch the 2 minute clip and decide on watching the movie or not.

A blurb is the same thing only with words. So - write the blurb. Put everything in it. THEN - edit it. Cut it down to 250 words or so. If you can't cut it then ask a writer friend. Just remember

- Keep it short.

- It should be like a tease.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Join my Author Group - Daryl Devore's Musings

3 ways - FB, MeWe or I can email you.

Free ebook for those who join.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/738845900663510


https://mewe.com/join/daryldevoresmusing


No comments:

Post a Comment