Daryl Devore's Blog

Daryl Devore's Blog

Monday 26 February 2024

On this week's Open Book Blog Hop - Daryl Devore writes a review for someone else’s books and then writes one for one of her books. #OpenBook Blog Hop #writers #DarylDevore

Welcome to the Open Book Blog Hop! This week’s theme - Write a review for someone else’s books. Now write a review for one of yours.

 By chance I still have a review I wrote for a friend and she's been a member of this blog hop - Viviana :-)

Here's the review I wrote a few years ago - 

If you have any romance in your soul, you have to read Scott and DJ’s story – All Those Miles I Walked. Viviana MacKade has penned a tale of lovers ripped apart because they were “too young” then forced to deal with each other as the pains of the past crumble ever so slowly. And just when you think, everything is going to be ok – don’t relax. Viviana is not done yet.

Her ability to craft a romance that you can just settle into is amazing. There is humor, adventure, life, suspense and sexual tension – no - make that simmering sexual tension that is just about to hit the boiling point.

I highly recommend any and every book that Viviana MacKade has written and especially this one – All Those Miles I Walked.

Now for me. Ugh. This is hard. 

What do dragons, knights and romance have in common? Daryl Devore’s sweet medieval fantasy romance, The Last Dragon, has it all. On a quest to slay the devil-demon, Ayrradex, Prince Hawkyns is injured and wakes in a unknown village. A lass snags his attention, but he cannot find her until a horrendous situation throws them together. They race away, protecting a newborn babe from being fed to a dragon.

Derry, raised by an ancient sorceress, has a powerful she is unaware of. And telling you what it is would be revealing a major plot twist.

Together, Prince Hawkyns and Derry, accompanied by a youth, Parriset, rescue the baby then charge through adventures – an enraged mob, an evil sorceress, dragons, treachery and betrayal, and one last demon dragon.

Through it all, love grew between Derry and Prince Hawkyns. A love that would save the world from evil dragons from that day forward.

Now, please visit the other #OpenBook Blog Hop writers. You can find their posts at

 

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Join my Author Group - Daryl Devore's Musings

3 ways - FB, MeWe or I can email you.

Free ebook for those who join.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/738845900663510


https://mewe.com/join/daryldevoresmusing


3 comments:

  1. I'm a believer in young love, so Viviana's book has been added to my TBR list. :) And you did a good job with your own.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done, I can't bring myself to review my own work. You make it sound like a good read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two great reviews here, Daryl. I found it hard to review my own book, and so just ended up writing a kind of short synopsis.

    ReplyDelete