Daryl Devore's Blog

Daryl Devore's Blog

Friday 24 September 2021

My Books. My Blog. My Post. Sex on the Beach. Darien's 3 reasons why not. Daryl Devore's What Darien Desires #hot, #romance, #contemporary, #rockstar

Excerpt - Erika was chased by some men. She got away and called Darien.


Darien relaxed. His blood pressured lowered. Good girl. Good, beautiful, smart, and tough girl. She was okay. They hadn't hurt her.

He shuddered at what he would've done if she'd been harmed. Having Triad connections was a dangerous line to dance on.

Should he end the relationship? For her safety? It wasn't a win/win. Yes, she'd be safe, but he'd have lost the first woman he truly loved, and who loved him. Not because he was Darien Scott, the mega rich rock star, but because he was Darien. She'd fallen in love with him when he was in disguise as Apollo, a drag queen, and nothing changed when he revealed his identity. There was a bit of a blow-up, but she soon settled down when she understood his reason for deceiving her.

He checked his voice, assuring it sounded calm and neutral. "So, you're okay and I'm guessing back at your apartment?"

"Yes. I wish you were here."

The hiccup in her words and the wobble of her voice gripped his heart. "Gawd, babe, so do I. I'm so sorry this happened to you."

What he'd give up, if at the moment he could teleport straight into her arms. He could protect her. Keep the crazies at bay.

Her voice trembled. "I've never been so scared. I mean, I wasn't at the time. I was sort of numb and just reacting. I kept telling myself to keep it together, but when I got back here, I collapsed."

"Damn." He tilted his head back and looked at the dark sky. "I'm so hating myself that I'm not there to sing you a song and rub your back."

It worked the first time he'd done it, when she'd had a meltdown over being drugged and her apartment being trashed. She cried and he sang and slowly her sobs turned to sniffles then to soft breaths. It pained him to think those beautiful grey-blue eyes were reddened by her tears. A gorgeous woman like that should never shed tears of fear or sorrow.

"Just a sec. Gotta get a tissue."

While he waited, he returned to his seat, grabbed the can and chugged some beer.

"I'm back. Just talking to you has helped. Thanks."

"How about I send you a plane ticket? You could be here in… a day, or so. Late night flight out. Land in New York. I could meet you there and drive you here."

A soft sigh floated through his cell phone. "Sounds tempting. I haven't been away from this place for a while. Brian could look after the club."

"Want a different suggestion? Try Stewart. Brian's a good organizer and stuff, but he's kinda busy. The other queens respect Stewart, and he's got a good head on his shoulders."

"I really want to say yes."

He could hear the interest and delight in her voice. "So, say yes. Let me help you. Repeat after me. Yes, Darien, I would love a plane ticket to New York."

Erika laughed. "Yes, Darien, I would love a plane ticket, but give me a day or two to get this end organized. When I'm there, could we… make love on the beach? I've kinda always wanted to do that."

He snorted. "No. Three reasons. Sand crabs. Sand fleas, and nosy neighbours. Or so I've been told."

 

Blurb and Buy Link

You loved What Happened in Bangkok and want to know what happens next….

It's complicated is not only her relationship status, but the definition of Erika Bailey's life. She loves managing her drag queen club in Bangkok, Thailand, but her rock star boyfriend resides in North Carolina. And to top it off, her father threatens she must stay away from Darien or lose the Pink Flamingo. Does she protect her club or her love?

Darien Scott, Grammy award winning international superstar, wants nothing more than to wake up in the arms of Erika, the woman he loves, but contractual obligations force him to exotic video shoots and an isolated movie set with one of Hollywood's sexiest stars.

With the feeding frenzy of social media trending every aspect of Darien's life—real or not—it's hard for Erika to know the truth. Will she be able to see through the lies and trust Darien? Or will evidence from damaging Internet rumors condemn their relationship? 

Buy Link -https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09DZ8M1TP

 Other buy links coming soon

  

 What's happening in September on Romance – Sweet to Heat

25 – Backlist Saturday Spotlight – Two Truths and a Lie

26 – Weekend Writing Warriors #8Sunday

27 – #OpenBook Blog Hop

28 – SPOTLIGHT – Laurisa White Reyes – Sand and Shadow

29 – Book Hooks #MFRWhooks #MFRWAuthor

30 – Thursday #Yoga

Follow Me on Twitter

Sign up for my every other month newsletter

No comments:

Post a Comment