Daryl Devore's Blog

Daryl Devore's Blog

Monday 6 April 2020

What does this author do when she isn't writing? #writer #newrelease

What do I do when I'm not writing?

I go to yoga. I adore yoga. The following is a post I dug up as I was spring cleaning my laptop files. What else is there to do while quarantined.

My handbag is really my yoga bag. I'm not a purse person. I'm a yoga person. The first gym I took yoga at had very little in yoga items. There were 2 blocks. If there were 17 people in class, that posed a problem. Slowly, I purchased items that were helpful in class (my own blocks, eye pillow, strap, knee pads). Then I changed studios and this one has a "Toy Room", with enough of whatever is needed for class. But I continued to bring mine in an old worn out denim bag. My yoga teacher purchased this for me and had it embroidered and now I carry it to class with pride. Hanging on the left side, attached to the carbineer I attach my car keys to, is a gift from another fabulous friend – it is the lotus symbol and a single word – Breathe.

 This is a shot of me in wall yoga class. The pose is called Bat. One of my favourites. Stretchs out the spine.


















Excerpt


All I had to do was steal a rare, red diamond. How hard could that be?



I followed the others into the Whittle Bus, took a seat and turned to look out the window. I didn't want a seat buddy. I didn't want a BFF – someone to giggle and bond with. I had a job to do. I had to keep my focus.

Especially if I wanted to live.

I stared blankly out the window, not seeing the city shift to country. Music blared from the bus's sound system. The driver turned the radio on an All 80s channel. Trying to block the music, I reviewed my evening. First, act like a meek female, not too competent or intelligent who doesn't speak English fluently. Second, pretend to be an acceptable server and deliver drinks to thirsty, rich people. Third, steal the red diamond.

Simple enough.


Blurb and Buy Links



The legend of Robin Hood and Maid Marian with a twenty-first-century twist. If you love hot, billionaire romances, then this is a must read.

From the author of the Two Hearts One Love Trilogy, multi-published, hot romance author Daryl Devoré's latest book revolves around deceit, betrayal, passion and the theft of a multi-million-dollar, rare, red diamond.

As if multiple planes crashes, a car accident, and a concussion isn’t enough, carefree Byn and straight-laced billionaire, Mark clash over Byn's need for independence and Mark's struggle with guilt pushing him in the opposite direction of love. When an art forger, an art thief and a ninety-five-year-old woman get involved the chance for true love for Byn and Mark fades.

All is lost until a children's game is their only hope.

PLEASE NOTE: If I understand it correctly - if you sign up at BookSprout - you can receive a copy of Two Truths and a Lie - read it and review it. Please review it. It don't have to be a long review. I really liked this book. or I recommend this book. or I loved the characters in this book.




What's happening in April on Romance -  Sweet to Heat
7 – A Post of Teasers
8 – Book Hooks #MFRWhooks #MFRWAuthor
9 My Blog. My Post. My Books.
10 – Fridays in Space
11 – SPOTLIGHT – Sharina Harris - (Im)Perfectly Happy
12 - Weekend Writing Warriors #8Sunday
13 – TBA – SPOTLIGHT – Daryl Devore - Desires
14 – TBA – Iris Blobel – Tell it to My Heart
15 - Book Hooks #MFRWhooks #MFRWAuthor
16 - Thursday #Yoga
17 – My Blog. My Post. My Books.
18 – SPOTLIGHT – Milo James Fowler - Spirits of the Early Trilogy
19 – Weekend Writing Warriors #8Sunday
20 - SPOTLIGHT – Daryl Devore - Desires
21 –  SPOTLIGHT – Two Truths and a Lie
22 – Book Hooks #MFRWhooks #MFRWAuthor
23 - My Blog. My Post. My Books.
24 – Fridays in Space
25 – SPOTLIGHT – Clayton Graham - Amidst Alien Stars
26 -  Weekend Writing Warriors #8Sunday
27 – NEBT - Author Spotlight – Ashe Barker – Sure Mastery
28 – SPOTLIGHT – Two Truths and a Lie
29 - Book Hooks #MFRWhooks #MFRWAuthor
30 - Thursday #Yoga


Follow Me on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment