Daryl Devore's Blog

Daryl Devore's Blog

Thursday 1 November 2018

How I write or don't write - sorta depending on how I feel #amwriting




I'm not a disciplined author.  Hell, I'm not a disciplined person.  I get done what I need to get done when I get to it. 

 I'm very laid back and an introvert.  

In a world that seems overrun with OCD extroverts, it can be rather overwhelming. Yes, I know I should write 8 hours every day or 8,000 words or whatever it is someone has decided is THE proper thing when you are an author.  

Some days I write for hours and some days I go shopping. Yes, I know I should plot and outline and know every nuance of the character from page 1 to The End.   

I also know that ain't gonna happen.  

I like to let my creativity flow.  I love writing myself into a corner and then writing myself free again. Yes - I can hear you plotters yelling - we're creative too! I know you are. But that's not me. And I'd really wish you'd stop trying to stuff me into your plotter box.

I practise yoga. I love stepping on my mat. It fills me with a sense of calm and peace. Yoga teaches about the Yin and the Yan. The two oppositions in the world. Hot and cold. Oil and water. It has also taught me to accept who I am and all my idiosyncrasies.

 Wow. Did I have to use spell checker to get that word right. But I digress.   

So in this world of plotter vs panster - discipline versus carefree I am going to keep writing my way. 'Cause that's the only way I can.

 Do you have a writer's beef you'd like to vent?



What's happening in November on Romance - Sweet to Heat
2- Fridays in Space
3- SPOTLIGHT – Dark Chocolate and Strawberries
4- Weekend Writing Warriors #8Sunday
5- Author Spotlight – CeeRee Fields - GraveDIgger
6- Author Spotlight – Meghan O’Flynn - Shadow’s Keep
7- Book Hooks #MFRWhooks #MFRWAuthor
8 – Thursday #Yoga
9 - Fridays in Space
10 - SPOTLIGHT – Dark Chocolate and Strawberries
11- Weekend Writing Warriors #8Sunday
12- NEBT - Author Spotlight – BJ Wane – Theirs to Master
13- Author Spotlight –
14- Book Hooks #MFRWhooks #MFRWAuthor
15- Thursday #Yoga
16 – Fridays in Space
17 – Thanksgiving Party
18-  Weekend Writing Warriors #8Sunday
19 – Author Spotlight –
20 – Author Spotlight –
21 – Book Hooks #MFRWhooks #MFRWAuthor
22 - Thursday #Yoga
23 – Fridays in Space
24 – SPOTLIGHT – Dark Chocolate and Strawberries
25 - Weekend Writing Warriors #8Sunday
26 – Author Spotlight –
27 – Author Spotlight – Viviana MacKade -
28 - Book Hooks #MFRWhooks #MFRWAuthor
29 - Thursday #Yoga
30 – Fridays in Space

No comments:

Post a Comment