Daryl Devore's Blog

Daryl Devore's Blog

Monday 15 November 2021

Daryl Devore talks about what special movies she watches throughout the year and why Arsenic an Old Lace is her favourite. #OpenBook #writers #DarylDevore

 

Welcome to the Open Book Blog Hop! This week’s theme - With the slew of holidays coming up at the end of the year, do you have watch list of shows/movies you like to watch to celebrate? What are they?

Yes - I know there's a typo in my blog title - but the link won't work if I fix it. I swear the "d" was there - I suspect internet gremlins. Now onto today's topic.

Let's start with I really don't watch a lot of movies. The last one in an actual theatre was either the last Harry Potter or Skyfall - whichever came out last. But we do have some family traditions.

Feb 2nd – Ground Hog Day

Feb 29th – Leap Day

July 4th – Independence Day (even though we're Canadian)

A summer day with a crazy storm – Twister

Oct 31st – Spaced Invaders

Nov 1st – Arsenic and Old Lace


 Dec 20th – 23rd – Christmas Carol – only the 1938 and 1951 versions


 

Dec 24th – The Muppet Christmas Carol

Dec 26th – Dec 30th – The Nero Wolfe TV series

I spent a lot of time at my grandparents, and they loved movies – but the old movies – Casablanca – The Bells of St. Mary’s and so on. So I appreciate them and quite often prefer them to the newer – more crass versions. Which is why I prefer the 1938 and 1951 versions of The Christmas Carol.

Except for the Muppet version. That became a Christmas Eve tradition when my daughter was younger and we still watch it.

Of all of them – Arsenic and Old Lace is my favourite. It’s an old Cary Grant movie and it is hilarious. Just thinking about it puts a smile on my face. It’s a perfect comedy.

 Please visit the other #OpenBook Blog Hop writers. You can find their posts at  

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

 

 What's happening in November on Romance –  Sweet to Heat

16 – SPOTLIGHT – Jennifer Bohnhoff - A Blaze of Poppies

17 – Book Hooks #MFRWhooks #MFRWAuthor

18 – Spectacular Space #SpectacularSpace

19 – My Blog. My Post. My Books

20 – Backlist Saturday Spotlight –

21 – Weekend Writing Warriors #8Sunday

22 – #OpenBook Blog Hop

23 – Free Read – Flashette

24 – Book Hooks #MFRWhooks #MFRWAuthor

25 – Daryl’s Thoughts and Motivational Things #motivation

26 – My Blog. My Post. My Books

27 – Backlist Saturday Spotlight –

28 – Weekend Writing Warriors #8Sunday

29 – #OpenBook Blog Hop

30 – Spotlight – Christine Schulz - Dawn of a Demon

Follow Me on Twitter

Sign up for my every other month newsletter 

 


 

4 comments: