Daryl Devore's Blog

Daryl Devore's Blog

Thursday 21 October 2021

A chilling Flashette to read 10 days before Halloween. #Halloween #flashette

 

One footprint.

That’s all she saw, but it was enough to make her shiver.

He was back.

He said he’d return.

She knew he would.

She’d prayed that he wouldn’t.

There had been many small successes.

She didn’t need… didn’t want…

Sigh.

But it had been weeks.

Months.

And no sign of him.

She began to believe he wasn’t real.

Just a figment of her imagination.

She glanced at the ground.

The footprint was still there.

It was real.

That meant he’d been there.

He’d walked up her lane.

Climbed the three steps to the porch.

Stood before her door.

Did he raise his hand and knock?

Or did he push the doorbell?

And there by the door…

The proof…

 

 

Can you guess what was left by the door? If you guess correctly, I will offer you a free ecopy of one of my books. Good luck.


 What's happening in October on Romance – Sweet to Heat

22 – My Blog. My Post. My Books

23 – Backlist Saturday Spotlight – Love a Billionaire

24 – Weekend Writing Warriors #8Sunday

25 – #OpenBook Blog Hop

26 – SPOTLIGHT – Kaci Rose - Take Me to the River

27 – Book Hooks #MFRWhooks #MFRWAuthor

28 – Spectacular Space #SpectacularSpace

29 – My Blog. My Post. My Books

30 – Backlist Saturday Spotlight – Capturing His Heart

31 – Happy Halloween – free Halloween read

 

Follow Me on Twitter

 

Sign up for my every other month newsletter 

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment