Daryl Devore's Blog

Daryl Devore's Blog

Thursday 21 February 2019

Quick and Easy Dinner recipe on Thursday's Ramblings. #recipe #dinner

This month I'm rambling on about recipes and today is a family favourite - One Pot Taco. I don't remember where I got this recipe but it's become one of those fun family meal dishes.

If you don't happen to have any precooked rice - then it becomes - 2 pot taco!

I am not a vegetarian or a vegan - you can adjust this to suit your preferences.

I can suggest if you want to "healthy it up" a bit - toss in some precooked lentils.


One Pot Taco

You need a big skillet/fry pan.
There are 2 ways to make this – 1 as is with the Minute Rice or 2 – with a cup of precooked rice. We prefer the precooked/leftover rice. Choice is what suits your tastes.


1 lb ground beef
1 cup precooked rice
1 c water
– or –
2 c water
2 c Minute Rice

1 pkg taco season mix
Salsa (whatever heat level you enjoy)
Taco cheese (whatever mix your enjoy)
Sour cream
Tortilla chips

Brown the ground beef. Stir in (water and rice) or (precooked rice and water),and taco seasoning. Bring to a boil. Top with cheese, sour cream and salsa.
Serve in a mound on plate or in a bowl and eat with the tortillas chips.


I think the biggest reason my family loves this recipe is because there are no knives or forks. You eat it  with the chips. It can get messy, but that's half the fun.

I have been experimenting with using my own spices rather than the premade commercial taco mix. This recipe is forgiving – so play around with it to suit your tastes.  Add lettuce, guacamole or whatever you like.








What's happening in February on Romance -  Sweet to Heat
22 – Fridays in Space
23 – SPOTLIGHT –
24 – Weekend Writing Warriors #8Sunday
25 - NEBT - BJ Wane – Submitting to the Rancher
26 – SPOTLIGHT – A. Bello – Emily Knight I am…
27 – Book Hooks #MFRWhooks #MFRWAuthor
28- Thursday #Yoga

No comments:

Post a Comment