Daryl Devore's Blog

Daryl Devore's Blog

Thursday 17 January 2019

Thursday's Ramblings - A Quick and Simple Recipe - Chicken Pot Pie #ThursdayRamblings



My ramblings for the next few weeks are going to be recipes or thoughts or just pictures.
Why?
Just because.

Today's recipe is a simple Chicken Pot Pie. I make 3 or 4 of these at a time and freeze most of them. Keeping 1 for dinner - lol. It takes about an hour in a 350 oven to reheat a frozen one, so it's a super go to meal on a busy night.

Most of my recipes are from scratch, but this is a cheat recipe. It uses a can of soup, frozen veggies and I use premade pie shells.

If - ever - there is a time when I'm really bored, I'll make the pie shells from scratch.

Note - the can of soup flavour - I suggested 4 different ones - they all work and it depends on your taste - but it has to be "Cream of..."

Also - please note - I'm not an expert at writing out recipes - I'm a romance writer. So if there's an issue - let me know and if you don't understand - ask.

Where did I get this recipe? Who knows - I've had it for well over a decade.

Chicken Pot Pie

Ingredients
2 premade pie shells - thawed
1 can soup (Cream of Potato, Cream of Celery, Cream of Chicken, Cream of Mushroom)
1 cup Frozen veggies - the mixed kind - carrots, peas corn
2 cups cooked diced chicken
Milk - 1/2 a soup can - add more if it seems really dry - shouldn't be sloppy
1/2 tsp thyme - adjust to taste
1/2 tsp pepper - adjust to taste
1 egg - beaten

Turn oven to 350. (Sorry I don't know what that is in the other measurements).
In a bowl mix all the ingredients from soup to pepper. Pour into 1 pie shell. Carefully place other pie shell on top. With a pastry brush, egg wash the beaten egg over the top of the pie crust.

Place in preheated oven and bake for 40 minutes.

Reheats great for leftovers.


This recipes is very forgiving. You can add and subtract things based on your personal preferences.





What's happening in January on Romance -  Sweet to Heat
18 – Fridays in Space
19 – SPOTLIGHT – Clea Simon - A Spell of Murder
20 - Weekend Writing Warriors #8Sunday
21 – NEBT – Alyssa Bailey – In Pursuit of Molly
22 – SPOTLIGHT – Marc Jedel – Uncle and Ants
23 - Book Hooks #MFRWhooks #MFRWAuthor
24 - Thursday #Yoga
25 – Fridays in Space
26 – SPOTLIGHT – Jamie Buckley - Chronicles of a Hero
27 – Weekend Writing Warriors #8Sunday
28 - SPOTLIGHT – David Court – Scenes of Mild Peril
29 – Critters on Tour – Marianne Petit
30 – Book Hooks #MFRWhooks #MFRWAuthor
31 - NEBT – Sierra Brave -Bridling Lucy

No comments:

Post a Comment