Daryl Devore's Blog

Daryl Devore's Blog

Thursday 18 October 2018

3 reason why I "heart" Yoga #yoga #fun


Me in wall yoga class


I take several yoga classes a week and I love every single one of them. If I miss a class - it's for a really good reason - like I'm not even in the country! I take  Hatha classes, Yin, Restorative and Wall.
 Life is filled with ying and yan - that's my yoga schedule -
Hatha - physical
Yin - calmer
Wall - physical
Restorative - calmer
Hatha - physical

What drives me to yoga so often?  (I'm snickering thinking - what drives me to yoga is my car...) 3 reasons

First - I love the feeling of bliss when I leave class. I have started a class feeling blue after a bad day - feeling black after a really bad day - feeling off - out of sorts - feeling achy - feeling blah, like a slug. And I have left class every single time with a smile on my face and spirit lifted up. That's almost as good a chocolate, but without the calories.

Second - I love the physicality. I taught dance for a long time and my flexibility was good. But life and age got in the way and I've stiffened up. (Fun fact - I'm not 22 anymore - when the hell did that happen!?!?!?!) Yoga gently challenges me to push my body, but not too hard. Do what your body is capable of today. Today I can get my palms to the floor, no problem. Tomorrow after working in the yard for four hours - bending over a little bit is probably going to be sore. So with the lack of competition in yoga class, I don't have to push through the pain and suck it up. I can respect my body and do what I can - when I can. Yes, there are days when I am lazy about it - I am human. And yoga accepts that. Today is today.

 Third - I LOVE Savasana.  The statement below defines my yoga training.
http://wellchickproject.com/confessions-of-a-yoga-mat-snob-when-cheaper-is-better/
http://wholehearter.blogspot.com/2012/06/6-tips-for-savoring-savasana.html
Savasana is the pose done at the end of practise. It's what gets me to the end. Classes where I feel my body is fighting me on every move, I just remind myself Savasana is coming - 15 more minutes - 8 more minutes - and sometimes - 59 more minutes. So do I love yoga because I'm super lazy and all I have to do is lay there? Truthfully - yes - but only a little bit. I love the peace of the moment. The room is quiet. Soft music in the background. No one talks. You breathe out and let go of the day. You allow yourself that time to do nothing. Don't even think. Resist the urge to run over your never ending to do  list. Let your mind go silent. It does take a while to achieve this. But it is so worth it Those are the top 3 reasons why.

What are your reasons for going to yoga?

What are your reasons for not going???
http://www.cafepress.com/+i_heart_yoga_20x12_oval_wall_peel,494778944


What's happening in October on Romance - Sweet to Heat
19 – Fridays in Space
20 – SPOTLIGHT – Dark Chocolate and Strawberries
21-  Weekend Writing Warriors #8Sunday
22 – NEBT - Author Spotlight –
23 – Author Spotlight –
24 – Book Hooks #MFRWhooks #MFRWAuthor
25 - Thursday #Yoga
26 – SPOOKAPALOZZA Party
27 – SPOTLIGHT – Dark Chocolate and Strawberries
28 - Weekend Writing Warriors #8Sunday
29 – NEBT - Author Spotlight –
30 – Author Spotlight –
31 - Book Hooks #MFRWhooks #MFRWAuthor

No comments:

Post a Comment