Daryl Devore's Blog

Daryl Devore's Blog

Friday 6 October 2023

The week on Daryl Devore's My Books. My Blog. My Post. Slowly - very slowly - sliding back into social media and promotion. #DarylDevore #romance #author



 Sometime in June I stepped away from my blog, my groups, social media and promotion. I had been blogging about 360 days a year for years. Then Musk bought Twitter and then killed Triberr which was a fabulous and simple way for lots of blog views. Hundreds and hundreds of blog view crashed to a dribble.

I saw it as another knife in independent artists backs. Being seen is impossible in social media. I am a little fish in a very big pond. I have done everything that everyone said to do and none of it helped. I - obviously - did it wrong. 

So instead of repeatedly banging my head on a wall hoping for a different outcome - I am changing what I do.

I will still write. I will still independently publish. But I am no longer going to jump on every bandwagon that comes along. I spent hours setting up the thing that was called the latest and greatest thing for sales - with people crowing - I had so many sales. Me - de nada. 

Then the next thing came along and I jumped on that ship.

I am done jumping. See the photos above. I had way better things to do this past summer than sit inside and uselessly pound on my keyboard.

Welcome to the new me. 

 

The one thing I am keeping is my Author Group - Daryl Devore's Musings. If you wish to join - click on the link. There is a free ebook to all who join. https://www.facebook.com/groups/738845900663510

 




No comments:

Post a Comment