Daryl Devore's Blog

Daryl Devore's Blog

Thursday 10 March 2022

The reason we struggle with insecurity.... wow - this meme said a lot to me. #thoughts #motivation


 This meme blew me away. I like memes. I like the motivational thoughts. The simple way they explain things. The insight.

But this one hit home and hit home hard. I have always felt like an imposter. Like I was faking my way through my job. Everyone else was a better teacher. Everyone else was a better parent. Everyone is a better writer. Everyone is more successful. Everyone else was a better....

I saw all my failings, my mistakes, my foolishness. I rarely saw it from friends or colleagues. I guess they were just better at putting on the fake front.



 What's happening in March on

 Romance – Sweet to Heat

11 – My Blog. My Post. My Books

12 – Backlist Saturday Spotlight – Branwyn’s Love

13 – Weekend Writing Warriors #8Sunday

14 – #OpenBook Blog Hop

15 – SPOTLIGHT – A Limited Edition Anthology - Rituals & Runes

16 – Book Hooks #MFRWhooks #MFRWAuthor

17 – Flashette – free read

18 – My Blog. My Post. My Books

19 – Backlist Saturday Spotlight – Branwyn’s Love

20 – Weekend Writing Warriors #8Sunday

21 – #OpenBook Blog Hop

22 – SPOTLIGHT – J.D. Blackrose – Demon Kissed

23 – Book Hooks #MFRWhooks #MFRWAuthor

24 – Daryl’s Thoughts and Motivational Things #motivation

25 – My Blog. My Post. My Books

26 – Backlist Saturday Spotlight – Branwyn’s Love

27 – Weekend Writing Warriors #8Sunday

28 – #OpenBook Blog Hop

29 – SPOTLIGHT – Judith Sterling - The Spear Alight

30 – Book Hooks #MFRWhooks #MFRWAuthor

31 – Spotlight – Anita Philmar - Banished Witch

 Follow Me on Twitter

 Sign up for my every other month newsletter 

 

2 comments:

  1. Love this! I'm not sure it is true for everyone but it spoke to me. Probably a lot more people feel this way than we realize. And, gasp at the thought, they could even be comparing their work to one of our books. Though that one is difficult for me to imagine. I have, however, felt that way about your writing. Just thought you'd like to know.

    ReplyDelete