Daryl Devore's Blog

Daryl Devore's Blog

Thursday 5 August 2021

Flashette - Summer Thoughts - A Mini Free Read for Your August 5th Enjoyment #prompts #freeread

 

A writing group I belong to does mini flash fiction pieces which I've nicknamed - Flashettes. 1,000 word maximum. Must use at least 1 prompt. Needs to be family friendly. 

Enjoy.

(picture from Pixabay.com)

Summer Thoughts

Summer.
Not winter.
Sun.
Warmth.
Bees.
Mosquitoes.
Idleness.
Corn on the cob.
Bon fires.
S’mores.
Beach.
Sand.
Fireflies.
Corn is as high as an elephant’s eye.
Poison ivy.
Flowers.
The smell of fresh cut grass.
The smell of the air after a summer shower.
Humidity.
Frizzy hair.
Sun burned nose.
Sitting on the deck.
With a loved one.
Summertime.


 What's happening in August on Romance – Sweet to Heat

6 – My Blog. My Post. My Books

7 – Backlist Saturday Spotlight – Love My Fate

8 – Weekend Writing Warriors #8Sunday

9 – SPOTLIGHT – Genevieve Morrissey - The Antlands Series

-      #OpenBook Blog Hop

10 – SteamHop – What Happened in Bangkok

11 – Book Hooks #MFRWhooks #MFRWAuthor

12 – Spectacular Space #SpectacularSpace

13 - My Blog. My Post. My Books

14 – Backlist Saturday Spotlight – Two Truths and A Lie

15 – Weekend Writing Warriors #8Sunday

16 - SPOTLIGHT – Elizabeth Pantley - The Ghost Camper’s Tall Tales

-      #OpenBook Blog Hop

17 - SPOTLIGHT – Thomas J. Eyre - CodeName Orcus

18 - Book Hooks #MFRWhooks #MFRWAuthor

19 – Thursday #Yoga

20 – SPOTLIGHT – Kayelle Allen - Jawk

21 – Backlist Saturday Spotlight – Desires

22 – Weekend Writing Warriors #8Sunday

23 – SPOTLIGHT – Jennifer Dean - Baited

-      #OpenBook Blog Hop

24 – SPOTLIGHT – Brandon Barrows – Strangers’ Kingdom

25 – Book Hooks #MFRWhooks #MFRWAuthor – Cover & title announcement

26 – Spectacular Space #SpectacularSpace

27 – My Blog. My Post. My Books – preview next release

28 – Backlist Saturday Spotlight – Capturing His Heart

29 – Weekend Writing Warriors #8Sunday

30 – SPOTLIGHT –  #OpenBook Blog Hop

31 – SPOTLIGHT – Lynne Hill-Clark - A Woman’s World

Follow Me on Twitter

Sign up for my bi-monthly newsletter 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment