Daryl Devore's Blog

Daryl Devore's Blog

Friday 18 September 2020

My Books. My Blog. My Post. From the Two Hearts ~ One Love Trilogy - What Happens in Bangkok by Daryl Devore #rockstarromance #romance #hotread

 


Blurb and Buy Links

To save Darien's life his brother asks, "Can you walk in high heels?"

Erika Bailey, owner/manager of a drag queen club in Bangkok, Thailand has happily settled into all aspects of her new life, except for her lack of a love life. When a new diva auditions, Erika is bewildered over her instant attraction to the blond God, Apollo.

Darien Scott is on vacation after a world tour and mistakenly figures the safest place to be is at The Black Dragon with the head of a Triad. When the club is hit, Darien is the only person to get out alive. Now   he's running from the police and a Triad. Mistake number 1.

Disguised as a drag queen, he's hired by Erika, but falls hard for his new boss, then struggles with not coming clean with her. Mistake number 2.

Can he fix his mistakes and find a life filled with love or is he headed straight for mistake number 3?

eXtasy Books

Amazon

Amazon - Paperback

Amazon Canada

KOBO  

Book Strand

Barnes and Noble 

 

Excerpt 


The waitress returned, wrote down their orders, and asked if they wanted more salsa or drinks before disappearing into the kitchen.

Erika smiled as she swallowed a mouthful of monkey wing. So far the date was going wonderfully. She was with a sexy guy and had a plate of delicious food in front of her. Hmph, guess it doesn’t take much to please me. Gotta get out more often.

She nibbled on three more wings, hoping she could think of some stimulating conversation. She always hated first dates. She never knew what to say or ask. And when she did, often it came out sounding lame or worse–creepy.

"I'll start." Apollo placed his glass on the table.

Erika hunched her shoulders and wiped her fingers on her paper napkin.

"To avoid the embarrassing silent moments on first dates, I did a little research." He grinned. "I checked out fifteen things to talk to a girl about, and it said I should tell a funny story about myself. Something that's happened in the past few days. Since you pretty much know my life since Friday, I'm going to skip down the list."

Erika pursed her lips. "What about going from number one to number two? You know, logical order."

"Well, the second suggestion was, how'd you end up living in this city. And since we've put that discussion in the save-until-later box, I need to shoot down the list."

"Do you have the whole thing memorized?"

He nodded. "Ah, here's one. What kinds of things make you laugh?"

She picked up a wing. "The visual of you standing on the table screaming about the snake."

"Okay, let's try what makes you laugh that doesn't involve me humiliating myself."

"Hmm." She nibbled on the wing. "The Three Stooges. Road Runner cartoons. Oh, knock knock jokes."

"Knock. Knock."

She giggled. "Who's there?"

"I'va."

"I'va who."

"I'va sore hand from knocking."

She tossed back her head and let her laughter ring. It wasn't the joke that made her laugh so hard. It was the delight on his face telling her and the thrill that rippled through her. "Another one."

"Another question or another knock knock? 'Cause I got a ton of them. If I can dig 'em out of the cobwebs of my memory."

She swallowed her mouthful of food and sipped her Orange Mirinda. "Another question. If we get going on knock knocks, we'll be knock knocking all night." Although knocking boots with you might be a night to remember.

Apollo frowned in concentration while scooping up more salsa. "Number three was what's your favorite place in the whole world? But I know that one. Sidewalk café, sipping wine, eating cheese, looking at the Eiffel Tower."

Erika bit back a squeal. He remembered! Oh, that's just too fantastic. Can I take this guy home and keep him?

He picked up the last monkey wing. "Did you have a nickname as a kid?"

The waitress paused beside them and placed their orders on the table. Erika's two tacos were a visual delight. The vivid colors of the taco shell, the savory scent of the meat, the cilantro and melted cheese delighted her eyes and nose. The spicy aroma from the sautéed onions teased her taste buds. She looked across the table at Apollo, who was examining his meal with equal delight. "Should I say one, two, three go?"

He picked up a taco, opened his mouth wide and bit. "Mmm."

"Not such a bad idea after all, huh? Mexican food in Thailand."

"You're forgiven for being crazy."

Both spent the next few minutes focused on consuming their mouthwatering meals. As her hunger diminished, Erika looked up from her plate and blurted, "Cuddle Bunny."

 



 

What's happening in September on

 Romance –  Sweet to Heat

19 – SPOTLIGHT –Teralyn Mitchell – Falling for the Unexpected Series

20 –  Weekend Writing Warriors #8Sunday

21 – SPOTLIGHT – Taps on Screen – Anybody there?

22 – SPOTLIGHT –

23 – Book Hooks #MFRWhooks #MFRWAuthor

24 – My Blog. My Post. My Books.

25 – Fridays in Space

26 – SPOTLIGHT – Cheryl Holloway – Love’s Promise

27 – Weekend Writing Warriors #8Sunday

28 – SPOTLIGHT – Brenda Christie - 222 Poetry XOXO

29 – SPOTLIGHT – Joe Giampaolo - Hampshire Stories

30 – Book Hooks #MFRWhooks #MFRWAuthor


Follow me on Twitter

 

Sign up for my Bi-Monthly Newsletter 

No comments:

Post a Comment