Daryl Devore's Blog

Daryl Devore's Blog

Saturday, 18 March 2017

What Happens in Bangkok on #MySexySaturday #erotic #romance



Welcome to the 181st week of My Sexy Saturday.

This week’s theme: Sexy Saves The Day

This is a snippet from my latest release- What Happens in Bangkok - an erotic rock star romance.

Scene set - Darien is hiding at a drag queen club. He's changed his name to Apollo- a new queen. Erika runs the club and is attracted to the new queen, but doesn't understand why. He is trying to convince her to let him go with her on a date. He tries to look all Dom-ish and she asked him what he was doing.



"My sophisticated masterful look."
She tossed her head back and laughed. "Oh, does that need work! I don't think you'd scare a guinea pig with that look."
He heaved a false dramatic sigh. "Not so good on the Dom thing. Okay, I can deal." He rubbed his chin. "Got it. Gigolo. I'd make a great gigolo." He placed his hand on the table, leaned on it, then waggled his eyebrows. "Hey there sexy momma. Looking for a good time?"
"If I was drinking coffee right now, I'd be snorting out of my nose. Your gigolo is lamer than your master."
"Then how about arm candy?" He winked. "'Cause you know I'm hot and on your arm – smokin'."
"I don't know." What the hell did I just say? Gawd, sometimes I think I need my head checked.
"Please don't make me put on that evening gown and those medieval torture devices called high heels." Apollo pushed back his chair and stood. "Visualize." He waved his hands up and down his body. "Put a suit on this and let the oohing and aahing begin."





Blurb

To save Darien's life his brother asks, "Can you walk in high heels?"
Erika Bailey, owner/manager of a drag queen club in Bangkok, Thailand has happily settled into all aspects of her new life, except for her lack of a love life. When a new diva auditions, Erika is bewildered over her instant attraction to the blond God, Apollo.
Darien Scott is on vacation after a world tour and mistakenly figures the safest place to be is at The Black Dragon with the head of a Triad. When the club is hit, Darien is the only person to get out alive. Now   he's running from the police and a Triad. Mistake number 1.
Disguised as a drag queen, he's hired by Erika, but falls hard for his new boss, then struggles with not coming clean with her. Mistake number 2.
Can he fix his mistakes and find a life filled with love or is he headed straight for mistake number 3?
KOBO  

Follow me - @daryldevore

5 Star Reviews –
I loved this story. From the very beginning I was on the edge of my seat until I finished it several hours later. I couldn't put the book down. I needed to know what was going to happen to Darien and Erika next. Fast paced from the first word and with several surprises I'd highly recommend this book.

5 Stars
 This book got me hooked from the opening line with Darien puzzling as to why blood was seeping from his wolf tattoo. The chemistry between Darien and Erika sizzles from the first time they meet, even though she’s no idea who he is, nor the fact that he’s actually straight.

What I loved about this book was that it isn’t just about Darien and Erika. A whole cast of characters are vividly brought to life and though I didn’t like them all, particularly Gan I seriously wanted to gag whenever he appeared, they added another dimension to the story.

The action is fast paced, there are enough twists and turns in the plot to keep you guessing and the romance was hot. A great read, especially if you love stories in exotic locations.

5 Stars
What happens in Bangkok is the first book I have read from this author and i highly recommend it. I couldn't put it down was captured from the first to the last page. This book will keep you on the edge of your seat with all the twist and turns it gives you. Will so be looking for more from this author

5 Stars Really must read this one...., (
1 line review)
I thoroughly enjoyed this book, the chemistry between Darien and Erika was so hot that I thought my kindle would melt! I look forward to reading more from this author.

What's happening on Romance - Sweet to Heat
19- Weekend Writing Warriors #8Sunday
20- Author Spotlight – Liza O’Connor – Rana: Teenage Queen
21- Author Spotlight – Maggie Ryan - My Capricious Cowgirl
22- Book Hooks #MFRWhooks #MFRWAuthor
23- Thursday #Yoga
24- Friday Snippets  #FridaySnippets
25 – Author Spotlight – Carrie Pulkinen - The Rest of Forever
26 – Weekend Writing Warriors #8Sunday
27 – Author Spotlight – Jamie Marchant – The Kronicles of Korthlundia
28 - Author Spotlight – Tina Gayle – My Future Stepbrother
29 – Book Hooks #MFRWhooks #MFRWAuthor
30 – Author Spotlight – Jessica Collins – Stealing Beauty
31 - Friday Snippets #FridaySnippets
 

3 comments:

  1. This is a great snippet! Love this story. I think he should maybe just put on the suit ;)

    My post is up, but I forgot to sign up on the linky :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool snippet! The premise is intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice snippet. This looks like a fun book. Thanks for sharing and being part of My Sexy Saturday.

    ReplyDelete