Daryl Devore's Blog

Daryl Devore's Blog

Sunday, 19 February 2017

The crack widens in Erika's calmness - What Happens in Bangkok on Weekend Writing Warrior #8Sunday




Welcome to Weekend Writing Warriors! Where writers share an 8- 10 sentence snippet of their writing on Sunday.  Visit other participants on the list and read and comment on their 8sunday posts.
Spread the word. Twitter hashtag #8sunday. 


 Just a heads up - I'll be late getting around to visiting. I'm hoping to get to some first thing in the morning, but I have a Writer's Workshop to present in the afternoon and then we leave to go visit my daughter (14 hr drive). So busy, busy day. (Let me adjust that - we're starting to head down to  my daughter's today - not doing the whole 14 hrs this evening - yikes!)

Scene set - 
Erika owns a drag queen club. Life was calm. Then a crack appeared in teh calmness. Now it's widening


Erik followed the harassed stage manager through the club, the pounding bass drowning out anything more he might have said to her. In the evening gown laden, makeup strewn topsy-turviness of the dressing room chaos ruled. Two partially dressed people rolled on the floor, entangled in each other's arms and legs, with fingers gripping hair and voices screeching. The other performers stood by and watched, cheering their favorite.
Erik grabbed a nearby glass, tossed the contents in the sink and filled it with cold water. She pushed her way through the crowd and flung the contents on the fighters.
"Ah! My makeup."
"You bitch!"
"Excuse me?" Erik lifted an eyebrow.


To save Darien's life his brother asks, "Can you walk in high heels?"
Erika Bailey, owner/manager of a drag queen club in Bangkok, Thailand has happily settled into all aspects of her new life, except for her lack of a love life. When a new diva auditions, Erika is bewildered over her instant attraction to the blond God, Apollo.
Darien Scott is on vacation after a world tour and mistakenly figures the safest place to be is at The Black Dragon with the head of a Triad. When the club is hit, Darien is the only person to get out alive. Now   he's running from the police and a Triad. Mistake number 1.
Disguised as a drag queen, he's hired by Erika, but falls hard for his new boss, then struggles with not coming clean with her. Mistake number 2.
Can he fix his mistakes and find a life filled with love or is he headed straight for mistake number 3?

KOBO  

5 Star Review –
I loved this story. From the very beginning I was on the edge of my seat until I finished it several hours later. I couldn't put the book down. I needed to know what was going to happen to Darien and Erika next. Fast paced from the first word and with several surprises I'd highly recommend this book. 

What's happening on Romance - Sweet to Heat


20- Author Spotlight – Adrianna Kraft – The Painter is A Lady

21- Author Spotlight – Valerie Ulmer -Seth

22- Book Hooks #MFRWhooks #MFRWAuthor
23- Thursday #Yoga
24- Friday Snippets  #FridaySnippets
25 – Blog Available
26 – Weekend Writing Warriors #8Sunday
27 – Author Spotlight – Janine Ashbless – Bonds of the Earth
28 - Author Spotlight – A Adams & M Ryan - Diamond in the Rough

If you see an available date and you'd like to promo a new release or a backlist or an up-and-coming book, leave your email addy in the comments and I'll get back to you ASAP.
 




25 comments:

  1. The calmness of Erik's world may be cracking, but she handled the fight efficiently and calmly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She quite adept at handling her divas.

      Delete
  2. Outstanding scene. I became the bystander watching the chaos. Well done, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, the dire consequences in that last line! Marvelous, Daryl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was a great scene! Everything from the fight to Erik's last line...just fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a great way to break up a cat fight! Loved the vivid description of the dressing room!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well you'd know what a dressing room looks like. :-)

      Delete
  6. You brought the dressing room scene to life - great description. Can't wait to read more. Tweeted.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks. It's one of my favourite little tidbits of the story.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved the description of the topsy turvey dressing room. Words well chosen.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, good for Erik, very sensible!!! I enjoyed the dressing room chaos, so well described. Great snippet!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing description of the chaos in that dressing room! Easy to visualize--it pulled me right into the scene.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is one of my favourite little scenes.

      Delete
  11. Great portrayal of the craziness!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well, that water glass worked nicely. Now the question is whether she'll get sense out of those fighters.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great description. Great way to break up a fight. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can't imagine being in her position. Glad the only fights I break up are between 6 year-olds!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great scene! I could see this playing out in front of me!

    ReplyDelete